Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2458866 - 12/28/12 04:38 PM Gator Cases ROCK!
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...
Some years back, I bought a Gator Cases G-112A1X12 Combo Amp Transporter, basically a foam-sided amp case. It's not really meant for hard use, but it protects my amp better than a slipcover, and it has casters & an extendable handle. The long & short of it: it makes it easier to haul the amp around.

A couple of weeks back, I was wheeling it over some concrete steps, and the plastic mounting for one of the wheels made hard contact with the concrete. I heard it crunch, and saw the caster wheel roll out from under it. I thought "Oh crud, I've busted this thing, and it's gonna be useless now!"

But when I got home later, I looked it over and found that the wheel mounting was fastened to the bottom & back of the case with bolts, and easily removable. So, I took it off, and contacted Gator via email to see if I could get a replacement part.

After a day or so, I was contacted by Alex Fedele, one of their customer service reps. He asked me for a picture of the wheel to be sure of the part. When he figured out which part it was, he sent me one, no charge. He was easy to work with, and got the job done as quickly as was practical to get it done right.

I tell you, I've very seldom had such great customer service from a company the size of Gator Cases. They took care of me and stood by their product above and beyond the call of duty. I am proud and happy to recommend them to everyone who reads this. Gator Cases ROCK!!!!

Edited by picker (12/28/12 06:48 PM)

GP Island
#2458869 - 12/28/12 04:53 PM Re: Gator Cases ROCK! [Re: picker]
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
I haven't had an experience like that, but most of my guitars have Gator cases...

IMHO, you left off a couple of exclamation points in your concluding sentence!

Edited by Dannyalcatraz (12/28/12 06:30 PM)

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

#2458879 - 12/28/12 06:01 PM Re: Gator Cases ROCK! [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
Vin-erator Offline

Loc: Wallyworld, CT
I have a similar case for my Mackei powered mixer. The retractible handle broke. After hearing a similar story, I contacted Gator. They shipped me a replacement handle, no questions asked.
www.42ndstband.com

#2458891 - 12/28/12 07:28 PM Re: Gator Cases ROCK! [Re: Vin-erator]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
rawk

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2458971 - 12/29/12 10:42 AM Re: Gator Cases ROCK! [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hwy 49, California
I have a few Gator cases and they are great! It's the only brand of soft cases I buy.

#2459491 - 12/31/12 04:46 PM Re: Gator Cases ROCK! [Re: Larryz]
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: new england, usa
gator rocks;
i had a similar experience with one of my racks...when the handle broke, they sent me another gratis.

now...SKB? THEY SUCK!!!

i bought an skb les paul case for my paul.

and suddenly started having to replace my volume and tone pots, cuz the case wasn't designed well...there wasn't enough room for the speed knobs, the top of the case crushed them hard enough where it messed up the wiper in several sets of pots.

i called them to tell them i was having an issue...

they told me to use smaller knobs and hung up on me.

they BLOW.

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose