Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2455618 - 12/10/12 08:49 PM Friend's band equipment trailer stolen Rochester, NY area
Boggs Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Rochester,NY,UNITED STATES
The Coupe De Villes have been together for just about 30 years now. Everything but their guitars and basses were locked up in it. Here's the story...

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2861984.shtml?cat=566

Tommy bought the 2nd guitar I ever built and is one of the genuinely nicest guys you will ever meet... Breaks my heart... Of course, I offered the use of my PA gear, guitar amp, mics, etc... Look on the bottom of the story to view the band's website to see if anything is listed there... A couple of custom Nau Engineering amps would be the obvious standouts in case the amps show up on Craig's List or eBAY or pawn shops... The D.A. is investigating the case and the band is very well loved for all of their charity work in the region, so the perps ought to be quaking in their shoes at this point although it appeared to be a targeted theft since 3 other trailers with motorcycles in them (one right next to the band's was even unlocked) were untouched. Bastards!! mad

GP Island
#2455621 - 12/10/12 08:57 PM Re: Friend's band equipment trailer stolen Rochester, NY area [Re: Boggs]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Damn pieces of crap that do such stuff!! mad

Keeping my eyes and ears open; passing the link along on Facebook, etc....

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2455622 - 12/10/12 08:57 PM Re: Friend's band equipment trailer stolen Rochester, NY area [Re: Boggs]
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
If they know any serial numbers, etc., try posting that info here:

http://screamingstone.com/

Best of luck!

Edited by Dannyalcatraz (12/10/12 08:58 PM)

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

#2455707 - 12/11/12 06:54 AM Re: Friend's band equipment trailer stolen Rochester, NY area [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
I DIDN'T DO IT!

But seriously, keep us posted on any news. That just sucks.
Whitefang

#2455776 - 12/11/12 10:33 AM Re: Friend's band equipment trailer stolen Rochester, NY area [Re: whitefang]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
Thieves, they should be used for legal firearms target practice. Just my $.02 anyways.

I just bought this nifty little driveway alarm. Sixteen bucks at Harbor Freight. Put the sensor up and bring the alarm into the house. Pretty neat little gadget. And it works great......

If it ever goes off both my car alarms will be activated by me in the house, all the outside lights will be turned on, and then outta the house Browning Hi Power in hand I go. I live in Arizona and we don't stand for thieves around here. If you harm a thief in the process of a crime here, the thief cannot sue you for damages or harm done. We just voted that in.

#2455847 - 12/11/12 04:28 PM Re: Friend's band equipment trailer stolen Rochester, NY area [Re: desertbluesman]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hwy 49, California
Sorry to hear about this Boggs. If I see a white trailor with the logo Coupe DeVilles on the back I'll call it in to the Sheriff for you! I think they'll be able to spot the trailor before they spot the equipment...

#2455856 - 12/11/12 04:55 PM Re: Friend's band equipment trailer stolen Rochester, NY area [Re: Larryz]
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...
May the thieves all develop testicular cancer, even if they are female!

#2455925 - 12/11/12 10:01 PM Re: Friend's band equipment trailer stolen Rochester, NY area [Re: Boggs]
skipclone 1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Japan
That sucks, I haven`t seen them play but their name is familiar to me.
I hope they catch the thieves-under some truck wheels.

Skipsounds on Soundclick:
www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose