Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2455443 - 12/10/12 08:41 AM Soundcloud downloads?
bluesharpbob Offline

Loc: suffolk county,New York
Been a subscriber since almost day 1 in the '70's,the "play" articles are my favorite part of the mag.Recently,some changes have been made to the Soundcloud website & as far as I can see the download icon for your sound files is no longer there. Am I missing something? Is this intentional? Just wondering.I like to download the files to my computer,it's easier & faster to access them that way.

#2455678 - 12/11/12 05:24 AM Re: Soundcloud downloads? [Re: bluesharpbob]
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
I still can download from Soundcloud. I'm using the new interface ("Next SoundCloud," I think). Under the files, I see [heart], [chasing arrows], Add to Set, Share, and Download [downward pointing arrow with a line under it].

It seems to be a mix of whether files are allowed to be downloaded or not. Most of the Casio PX-350 examples are, but a bunch of the newer lessons aren't. I bet it was an oversight when they uploaded this month's files. Hopefully, they'll go back in there and change the setting.

#2455766 - 12/11/12 09:53 AM Re: Soundcloud downloads? [Re: Joe Muscara]
bluesharpbob Offline

Loc: suffolk county,New York
Thanks for the reply,I noticed the same thing about the PX-350 files being downloadable. I hope you're right about this being an oversight,it's nice when I have free time to grab an issue,bring up the audio file, & do a little woodshedding.

Edited by bluesharpbob (12/11/12 09:53 AM)

Moderator:  Stephen Fortner