Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2454687 - 12/06/12 03:53 PM OT: A guy I know...
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...
...has just turned out an amazing CD. Jamie Sutcliff works in the maintenance department at The VFW HQ Building, where I work in the mail room. He's about 30, and he has a zydeco band. The Ernest James Zydeco Band has released 3 CDs, the latest one just a few days ago. It's called 3 Steps From La La, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

I paid for a copy in advance, mainly because Jamie is a good dude, and I wanted to support a musician from our area. Let me tell you, I don't believe I have ever spent money better on music. This is a well-produced, great sounding recording, and the performances are outstanding. I've been listneing to it reopeatedly since Monday, and I'm not tired of it at all.

This is a link to CD Baby, where you can buy it. If you want a great CD and support a band whose work deserves it, get one, or more. You won't regret it.

If anyone does buy one, please post a reply here and tell me if you agree with my assessment.

GP Island
#2454692 - 12/06/12 05:17 PM Re: OT: A guy I know... [Re: picker]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Cool. Listening to the offered samples (I'm forced to be sooper cheep right now), I can say that I was immediately struck by their undeniable groove. cool I wish him and them all the success he and they can stand!

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2454705 - 12/06/12 06:11 PM Re: OT: A guy I know... [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hwy 49, California
Some cool Zydeco mon...liked the Janitor #8 the best...Let the good times roll... cool

Edited by Larryz (12/06/12 06:24 PM)

#2454708 - 12/06/12 06:37 PM Re: OT: A guy I know... [Re: Larryz]
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...
Laissez le bon ton rulez!

#2454716 - 12/06/12 07:55 PM Re: OT: A guy I know... [Re: picker]
russclan Offline

Hey Picker, what does your friend play in the band? I didn't see him listed in the album notes section...

Sounded great, though.

#2454769 - 12/07/12 06:06 AM Re: OT: A guy I know... [Re: Larryz]
Fred_C Offline
Gold Member

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: Larryz
Some cool Zydeco mon...liked the Janitor #8 the best...Let the good times roll... cool

+1. I really dig Zydeco. I've got a Zydeco channel set up on my Pandora account. Wonderful music!

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose