Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2453536 - 12/02/12 01:22 PM Mods; What happened to the edit button on posts?
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
What happened to the edit button on posts? I am logged in but the edit button is gone?????????

GP Island
#2453537 - 12/02/12 01:22 PM Re: Mods; What happened to the edit button on posts? [Re: desertbluesman]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

It is here in this thread anyways but on other posts of mine it is gone....

#2453563 - 12/02/12 03:33 PM Re: Mods; What happened to the edit button on posts? [Re: desertbluesman]
A String Administrator Offline
Admin
10k Club

Loc: Ontario, Canada
There is a certain amount of time that passes during which you are able to edit your posts (I believe it is set to 24 hours). After that time has expired, the posts become uneditable.

There are two reasons for doing this. The first - and main - reason is we have spammers who set up posts, then go back and add spam later, after the mods have been though. By limiting the amount of time they have, it gives us an opportunity to remove all spam. Secondly, from time to time, we will have two folks who just aren't getting along. It's not uncommon for someone to say nasty things, then go back and edit it before the mods can see.

Hope that helps!
My Pics

#2453580 - 12/02/12 06:32 PM Re: Mods; What happened to the edit button on posts? [Re: A String]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Thanks amigo, now I understand.

#2453642 - 12/03/12 08:15 AM Re: Mods; What happened to the edit button on posts? [Re: desertbluesman]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Hey! I didn't notice it until reading this, blues. The reasons given sound like good ones, and I tap into other forums that could use an idea like that.
Whitefang

#2453660 - 12/03/12 09:32 AM Re: Mods; What happened to the edit button on posts? [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hwy 49, California
Thanks for the info A-String. Makes perfect sense to me on the Spammers. The Edit button is very handy for going back and correcting a spelling errors or an omitted word after re-reading your own post. Especially for crappy spellers and brain farters such as myself. It's also a handy tool when you have posted a comment and want to add to it after going out and coming back from Youtube or an article...Thanks witefang for bringing this up as I was wondering why the Edit was there one day and gone the next! thu cool

Edited by Larryz (12/03/12 09:33 AM)
Edit Reason: JUST FOR FUN!!

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose