Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2452236 - 11/26/12 04:43 AM Good news for Hendrix fans...
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...

GP Island
#2452253 - 11/26/12 07:08 AM Re: Good news for Hendrix fans... [Re: picker]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
And here I thought all the unreleased stuff from Hendrix had already been put out there.

I'll have to know more about it all before I even consider trying to obtain it. Previously found recordings that have been pressed onto LPs in the past needed one short listen to understand just WHY they were never released to the public while Jimi was alive(Midnight Lightning), and wound up not being complimentary to his legacy. But SOMEbody made the bucks. And where was all this material hidden that it took 40 years to come to light?

Sounds a bit dubious to me.
Whitefang

#2452368 - 11/26/12 04:19 PM Re: Good news for Hendrix fans... [Re: whitefang]
Bill@Welcome Home Studios Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

#2452370 - 11/26/12 04:43 PM Re: Good news for Hendrix fans... [Re: Bill@Welcome Home Studios]
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...
Iread somewhere that after Bill Gates' attorneys got the rights to Jimi's tapes back to Al Hendrix, a lot of tapes people were sitting on to keep 'em out of Alan Douglas' hands started turning up and being given to the Hendrix family. I wonder if some of these tunes are from them...

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose