Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2449717 - 11/12/12 11:02 AM stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: new england, usa
a diy classic from Tim Escobedo.. now improved with proper reverse envelope filter by Dead Astronaut over across the pond..

no guitar in this one, just beatin' on a fretless bass a little. it indeed sounds great on a guitar into some filth and reverb, too. wink

please excuse my lame, white boy, no groove at all bass playing. blush

GP Island
#2449729 - 11/12/12 11:21 AM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: pinkjimiphoton]
LeftyBlues Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
Phar-phreaking-out Jimi, pretty good beat you're holding down there Whitey!!

#2449781 - 11/12/12 02:59 PM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: LeftyBlues]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
I sooo want some fretless axes... particularly somethin' like a fretless baritone 7 or 8 string guitar; I WILL put one together one day... cool

ANYWAYS, cool pedal action; how's 'bouts a demo of it with a guitar, both "normal" and "reverse" envelope-filter, clean and also with some touch-sensitive fuzztortion...

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2449962 - 11/13/12 10:02 AM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

hi caev and lefty..

lefty, my primary instrument was upright many years ago..i hate frets on a bass.

caev, you want a 6 string neck with the frets pulled? fill it, smooth it, and instant fretless guitar...should fit any
strat-o-mo-bob..let me know. you pay for the shipping, it's yours, paddlebud!!

will try and do a guitar style demo, it sounds better on the guitar, particularly feeding a fuzz or distortion..but it really sounds alot like either the stupid pedal tricks videos for the corpulent cojones or coloursound diphonizer.

#2450072 - 11/13/12 09:00 PM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: pinkjimiphoton]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Originally Posted By: pinkjimiphoton
caev, you want a 6 string neck with the frets pulled? fill it, smooth it, and instant fretless guitar...should fit any
strat-o-mo-bob..

Mmmmhwhaaarrr...

will try and do a guitar style demo, it sounds better on the guitar, particularly feeding a fuzz or distortion..but it really sounds alot like either the stupid pedal tricks videos for the corpulent cojones or coloursound diphonizer.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhh...

#2450398 - 11/15/12 09:05 AM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

so caev, ya want that neck? i'm NEVER gonna get around to using it, you're welcome to it if you wanna...

#2450464 - 11/15/12 02:29 PM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: pinkjimiphoton]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

so caev, ya want that neck? i'm NEVER gonna get around to using it, you're welcome to it if you wanna...

Oh, if you can find a good, loving home for it, go ahead; in the not too far off future, if you've still got it, I may hit you up for it, but right now even meager shipping charges and any other strat-o-mo-bob pieces-parts to go with it would be too much a bite on my extremely meager spendable (pretty much non-existent rolleyes grin ) finances...

Thank you VERY much, though! smile cool

#2450472 - 11/15/12 03:13 PM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
harvey Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Quacky goodness...that reverse mode is awesome, sounds very sensitive. Good job there PJP

http://stjambience.wordpress.com/

#2450481 - 11/15/12 03:39 PM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: harvey]
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

thanks harvey. wink

caev...i'll see what it would cost. if it's cheap, don't worry about it.

how the hell do ya ship a freekin' neck? lol

#2450507 - 11/15/12 06:04 PM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: pinkjimiphoton]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

how the hell do ya ship a freekin' neck? lol

Haahh! Leo Fender's original vision for the bolt-on guitar and bass necks included an easy solution to warped or damaged necks being replacement-necks shipped out in cardboard tubes...

#2451326 - 11/19/12 08:59 PM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

have to find the proper tube, i guess...lol...

#2451343 - 11/19/12 10:58 PM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: pinkjimiphoton]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

have to find the proper tube, i guess...lol...

It's always tubes, man! mad

#2451613 - 11/21/12 08:45 AM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

speaking of which, i found a source on ebay for sovtek "blackplates" direct, no middleman, 10 bux per matched pair.

real nice, i'm running them in my princeton. phat loud and warm and creamy, just the way i likes 'em. wink

#2451652 - 11/21/12 10:05 AM Re: stupid pedal tricks : phuncgnosis [Re: pinkjimiphoton]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

speaking of which, i found a source on ebay for sovtek "blackplates" direct, no middleman, 10 bux per matched pair.

real nice, i'm running them in my princeton. phat loud and warm and creamy, just the way i likes 'em. wink

Good! thu cool

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose