Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2447463 - 10/23/12 01:04 PM Anybody Going To See The Stones in NJ?
LeftyBlues Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
Wish I was, no vacation time left. 50 years!!! Don't nobody be dissin' on my boys age or I'll...I'll...well I won't like it one dang bit is what!!

GP Island
#2447629 - 10/24/12 07:03 AM Re: Anybody Going To See The Stones in NJ? [Re: LeftyBlues]
LeftyBlues Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
You know you've started a lame thread when you're the only reply!! I checked out ticket prices and WOW you'd better have some seriously deep Trump-ish pockets for this gig. Cheapest I saw in the presale were $450!! Yow. Keef I love ya boys but I likes havin' some change leftover for a corn dog and a Yuengling, ya dig?

#2447637 - 10/24/12 07:57 AM Re: Anybody Going To See The Stones in NJ? [Re: LeftyBlues]
Lokair Offline

Loc: Braeburn PA
I feel like the prices of concerts is out of hand , if I take my wife and have few brews , and pay for parking . I may as well just buy anouther guitar. Or pay some of my bills , when did you need a loan to goto concert . I won't even get into what happened to me when Joe Bonnamesa (spelling error) came to Pittsburgh . I ate two tickets at 95$ each. So I am sticking to cheap shows for a while.

Lok

#2447644 - 10/24/12 08:23 AM Re: Anybody Going To See The Stones in NJ? [Re: Lokair]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Not me.
Whitefang

#2447671 - 10/24/12 09:59 AM Re: Anybody Going To See The Stones in NJ? [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hwy 49, California
Love the stones but can't see those ticket prices, much less the plane fare, hotel, limo, etc. Yes, if I could afford to go, I would have to go with a limo and with the whole NYC thingy too...guess I'll stay home and wait for the video to come out.

#2447675 - 10/24/12 10:04 AM Re: Anybody Going To See The Stones in NJ? [Re: Larryz]
SEHpicker Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Inverness, Florida
Saw them in Denver about 10 years ago. Fantastic show! But at $450 a pop x 2, I can think of plenty of better things to do. Geeeez thats almost a grand for me & the wifey...

www.huntgroupproductions.com

#2447881 - 10/25/12 10:50 AM Re: Anybody Going To See The Stones in NJ? [Re: SEHpicker]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
Another old Stones fan here, and I can't imagine what it is that I'm going to see, or get, for $450 a ticket, or what justifies that price. Bragging rights, that I finally saw them? One of the few acts that I might consider for a $100 ticket, but at nearly a grand, for two of us, I'm sorry, guys. Think of all the up-and-coming local acts I can see, for that much money.

IMHO, the last truly great album was Some Girls, and that was over thirty years ago. I'm not going to make fun of anyone who can keep rocking at their age, and I thought Mick was great on SNL, last season, but this is just absurd.

http://4-4-2music.bandcamp.com/album/figures-of-speech

#2447888 - 10/25/12 11:12 AM Re: Anybody Going To See The Stones in NJ? [Re: Winston Psmith]
Scott Fraser Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Originally Posted By: WinstonPsmith
Another old Stones fan here, and I can't imagine what it is that I'm going to see, or get, for $450 a ticket, or what justifies that price. Bragging rights, that I finally saw them? One of the few acts that I might consider for a $100 ticket, but at nearly a grand, for two of us, I'm sorry, guys. Think of all the up-and-coming local acts I can see, for that much money.
IMHO, the last truly great album was Some Girls, and that was over thirty years ago. I'm not going to make fun of anyone who can keep rocking at their age, and I thought Mick was great on SNL, last season, but this is just absurd.

Then you'll be really impressed that the non-cheap seats are $2600-ish.
Yes, Some Girls was the last good album, & Mick was really good on SNL. But I'll be saving my shekels on this one too.

#2447912 - 10/25/12 01:18 PM Re: Anybody Going To See The Stones in NJ? [Re: Scott Fraser]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hwy 49, California
This morning they are selling tickets starting starting at $19 across the pond to celebrate their 50th...seats can go as high as $1,500...

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose