Thanks to all the current and former BP staff and contributors whose columns and articles I've been reading for the last several years. My college rock band days ended 30 years ago but I started playing bass again with the choir in my medium-sized church about 10 years ago. In addition to guiding my equipment purchases, BP writers have provided a wealth of great advice about playing technique and tips for making performances successful. This weekend I had an unexpected opportunity to play bass in the backing band for a national touring artist performing at a religious conference in a big arena. There is no doubt that all the tips I picked up from BP over the years, but never expected to use on a big stage, made it a great experience. BP's advice about a host of big and small issues, like how to interact with the headline artist, the sound engineer and fellow band mates, the value of not overplaying, of being ready to transpose keys at a moment's notice, of locking in with the drummer, of bringing your own wheeled cart, of remembering to bring extra cables, batteries, a music stand light for when the stage lights dim down (which they did) and even a roll of tape for when the cover of the battery case on your bass breaks (which it did) were all things I've read in BP over the years. The result was I was ready to play and be supportive of the artist getting his music across to several thousand people. I might not ever get a chance to play on a big stage again, but this single experience will last me a long time and, in any event, I'll always be able to use BP information to make my regular choir performances as good as they can be. Thanks for all the hard work.