Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2435793 - 09/02/12 05:37 PM Carvin SH550 Review ; One observation and some questions
Fred_C Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: PA
It was recommended that I post this here as well as on the Player's Forum. So, here it is:

Hey Gentlemen,

Please find pasted below the text of an email that I just sent to Barry Cleveland.

In actuality, I don't really expect a response. It's pretty clear that the editorial staff pays absolutely no attention whatsoever to subscriber emails.

Good Morning Barry,

Thank you for your insightful and informative review of the Carvin SH550.

I would like to make one observation. The AAAA flame maple top is not an upgrade. That's the default top. NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.

Barry, how did this guitar hit a $3,000.00 price point? It must be the maple body. Was the finish applied to the entire guitar or just to the top?

Out of curiosity, I visited the Carvin website and used their builder tool to build an SH550. There was no optional maple body available!! Where the hell did this thing come from? Was the review published to coincide with an upcoming marketing thrust?

Anyway, in my opinion your assessment was absolutely correct. The SH550 represents an incredible value and deserved the Editor's Pick Award.

Regards.

#2436751 - 09/06/12 10:35 AM Re: Carvin SH550 Review ; One observation and some questions [Re: Fred_C]
Fred_C Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: PA
I have communicated with Barry Cleveland and he has given me a name at Carvin to speak with. I'm going to pursue this one step further because I' curious as hell.