Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2422044 - 06/26/12 07:44 PM Some Other organ sound
Theo Verelst Online   confused
MP Hall of Fame Member

Having viewed Steve Fortners' videos about the two organ clones, I thought I'd put on my 3-layer setup for the PC3 as an example of "other" organs sounds, which I'd recently been working with:

view at vimeo

There are some other sounds I recent put into setups (multiple sound layers/splits) as well, none of these contain ROM sounds, and only some of hem are for download. Don't try to simply find/imitate most of these sounds: there a long way from the normal editing and tweaking results.

The mic effect is for a bit of a "live" feel I was experimenting with, it contains mid low-tube effects (when convolved with FFT), midrange averaging with loudness information, and some high frequency compression, which I am used to using for the oposite of a "mic effect": finding the music back in CDs and .. Kurzweil synthesizer sounds ( See e.g. http://www.theover.org/Prod , though of course I'm aware not everybody covets an EE PhD , i'm sure there are real connections with this an well known studio processing ). The Kurzweil is analog connected to the computers ALC889 sound chip, mixed directly to the output, and sent directly to the preamp/separation filters/power amps, no effects at all. Recorded with the mics of a Sony HD Cam.

My point? Those kurzweils have wonderful sounds in them, which are hard to get out of them because of a huge amount of "bad work" having been done, sorry to say. Most instruments (including the ones in the aforementioned demos) cannot contain the depth and harmonic interest possible with the kurz. Discussing this is interesting IMO.

Theo Verelst
----------------------------------------------------------------
Redone " Spoilin' For A Fight"

#2422049 - 06/26/12 07:47 PM Re: Some Other organ sound [Re: Theo Verelst]
Theo Verelst Online   confused
MP Hall of Fame Member

Sorry I posted this in the wrong section...

#2422055 - 06/26/12 08:20 PM Re: Some Other organ sound [Re: Theo Verelst]
Griffinator Moderator Offline
TPS cook & bottle washer
20k Club

Loc: Lynchburg, VA, USA
Well, you posted it in a section where it's not likely to get as much play as if you had posted it in KC, but I wouldn't call it the "wrong" section per se...

Moderator:  Griffinator, Griffinator