Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2417930 - 06/09/12 11:08 AM Submitting ideas for Keyboard Magazine Articles?
LX88 Offline
Platinum Member

Hello

I just discovered this part of the forum.

Anyway, there are some ideas I have for topics I would like to recommend to Keyboard Magazine.

For now I would like to keep my ideas private, because if Keyboard Magazine would not be interested than I would like to save the option for perhaps submitting them to other magazines.

I was also curious if Keyboard Magazine has any connection to Backbeat Books. There is one VERY obvious idea for a book I have that makes me wonder why no one has thought of it.

I would like to submit these ideas to someone who has time to listen.

If anyone knows who I should send these ideas to , please PM me.

#2427915 - 07/25/12 04:52 PM Re: Submitting ideas for Keyboard Magazine Articles? [Re: LX88]
cheekygirl Offline

All the keys are in the right place.
Finally! A basic keyboard where all the keys are in the right place, the layout is familiar, and my touch-typing fingers don't have to learn anything NEW.

What's with all the wrist rests, bubble shaped gigantic keyboards that take up the whole desk? Give me a basic keyboard that WORKS.

#2433697 - 08/22/12 06:44 PM Re: Submitting ideas for Keyboard Magazine Articles? [Re: cheekygirl]
Stephen Fortner Moderator Offline
But who is number 1 ? ...
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Oakland, CA, UNITED STATES
LX88, my email address is sfortner (at) musicplayer (dot) com, so feel free to pitch away anytime. It's also printed in the masthead of every issue, so we don't try to keep it a secret.

Yes, we do work with Backbeat Books, which is now a division of Hal Leonard publishing.

Cheekygirl, this place is about musical keyboards, not QWERTY (although I spend most of my time at a word processor myself and can totally sympathize). If you play, or even just LIKE music, feel free to stick around. smile

Stephen Fortner
Principal, Fortner Media
Editor at Large, Keyboard Magazine
Contributor, Gearslutz.com

#2436647 - 09/05/12 10:01 PM Re: Submitting ideas for Keyboard Magazine Articles? [Re: Stephen Fortner]
zephonic Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Redondo Beach, CA
I'd like to see an interview with Wayne Linsey from the Tonight Show. I talked to him a couple of times at jams and he is a cool dude who has played with many great artists. He has a lot of stories. And KILLER chops!

#2591522 - 04/22/14 12:30 PM Re: Submitting ideas for Keyboard Magazine Articles? [Re: zephonic]
zephonic Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Redondo Beach, CA
http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads...l_k#Post2591346

Now that Wayne has joined the forum, I thought it appropriate to renew the request for an interview with him?

Moderator:  Stephen Fortner