Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2386932 - 02/16/12 08:11 AM Gear One PA equipment question
castlewalls Offline

Loc: Allenstown, NH USA
I cannot find any info on their products. I emailed Musicians Friend as they sell it in an inexpensive PA package and they sent me a link to MusicPeopleInc.com where they (MF) said they get their stuff from.

So I emailed the Music People site and they wrote back that Gear One is imported and sold by Musicians Friend!

So, anyone know who Gear One is? Where the companies website is? Manuals for the PA2400 series can be found?
Anyone use this stuff...?
Any help is appreciated!
-Jim

#2387851 - 02/19/12 12:37 AM Re: Gear One PA equipment question [Re: castlewalls]
J. Dan Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Never heard of it, and honestly, based on your experience so far, I'd avoid it like the plague.

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

#2393518 - 03/08/12 06:12 AM Re: Gear One PA equipment question [Re: J. Dan]
castlewalls Offline

Loc: Allenstown, NH USA
if you go to almost any online musicians gear stores (ZZounds, Musicians Friend, etc.) and look up PA system packages, you'll see various powered mixer heads (Gear One, Phonic, etc.) packaged with Yamaha, Kustom (etc.) speakers, yet none of these 'stores' has any info on these 'unknown' companies (though Phonic has their own site and I read that they supposedly make stuff for Yamaha - a lot of these 'heads' look similar in layout.

Moderator:  Jeff Klopmeyer