Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#2384271 - 02/08/12 03:52 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Steve LeBlanc]
Mogut Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Clarkston MI
Originally Posted By: Steve LeBlanc
Greek Theater in Hollywood:

sleepy soundcheck:

In case you're wondering why that guitar coffin is right behind me on stage...they were a bit too cheap to hire me a proper tech this last tour...so...pretty much all tour I was grabbing my own instruments on the fly and adjusting tuning when possible as fast as possible. Sometimes it was fun but most of the time it just made my job a whole lot more difficult.

But a Dry Ice machine? No matter what the cost, get it! smile
Dream rig... but mostly dream gig! Playing with the son of the man who gave me all my inspiration to first start playing music.... and still today.

KC Island
#2384306 - 02/08/12 05:41 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: The Real MC]
Michael W Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Chicago, IL

Virus TI Polar, Roland JV-1080 (in rack), Prophet 08, Yamaha MOX6, Moog LP Tribute Edition.

iMac with Digital Performer, Omnisphere, MOTU Ethno, MachFive2, and many other software instruments.

#2384324 - 02/08/12 07:07 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: DanL]
EscapeRocks Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Texas
Here's my stage rig. Korg Triton Extreme 61 above a Yamaha CP33.

And of course we can't forget the keytar wave

Playing all three together cool

#2384353 - 02/08/12 10:15 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: EscapeRocks]
Michael Wright Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Image by ouananiche1, on Flickr

Holy Crap It worked shocked

I was just taking the piano O1W and an NE3 on the apex stand if the job warrants it. The C2 has replaced the NE3.

#2384366 - 02/08/12 11:52 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Synthoid]
Analogaddict Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted By: Synthoid
How can you read the view screens with a 3-tiered stand?

I can't! smile That's the downside right now. If I look down between the boards, I can see both displays and do some basic programming, but it's not comfortable and probably not good looking. The only display I need to see is that of the PC3, I'm thinking about using small reflective surfaces; one underneath the Kronos and one right above the PC3 keys. That way I'd see the PC3 display reflected...

Originally Posted By: Bobadohshe
THAT is a hell of a modern gigging rig. I would love that rig. SK on top of a Kronos on top of Kurzweil for piano? Nice.

It's a great setup, the Korg and the Kurz work very well together, both midi- and soundwise. I can bring my PC3X for weighted keys if I'm playing a lot of piano.

I got the SK1 last week, I 'downgraded' from an XK3c which is a great instrument but too big for my current needs. I'm also working on getting my IEM system set up, I have a buttkicker and molded earpieces from Starkey. I'm getting too old for bad sound on stage! ;-)

#2384367 - 02/09/12 12:02 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Analogaddict]
Bobadohshe Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Diego / Los Angeles
Originally Posted By: Analogaddict

THAT is a hell of a modern gigging rig. I would love that rig. SK on top of a Kronos on top of Kurzweil for piano? Nice.

It's a great setup, the Korg and the Kurz work very well together, both midi- and soundwise. I can bring my PC3X for weighted keys if I'm playing a lot of piano.

I got the SK1 last week, I 'downgraded' from an XK3c which is a great instrument but too big for my current needs. I'm also working on getting my IEM system set up, I have a buttkicker and molded earpieces from Starkey. I'm getting too old for bad sound on stage! ;-)

I would think there is a bit of overlap between what the SK does and what the Korg does. You really need both live? How do you use those.

#2384371 - 02/09/12 02:43 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Bobadohshe]
Analogaddict Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

In this rig I use the SK thru a Ventilator for Hammond only. I do a lot of Hammond gigs, and prefer having a stand-alone Hammond/Clone.

I use my B3-P a lot, and since the SK-1 (in this configuration) doesn't take up any extra space it feels like a great alternative, and having B3 sounds separated from the other keyboards gives me a lot of freedom. But I'm sure I could do most of what I do with the Kronos... smile

#2384420 - 02/09/12 07:14 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Steve LeBlanc]
tarkus Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: MIAMI, Fl
Originally Posted By: Steve LeBlanc
Originally Posted By: mr Tobbe
Oh no! X-stands! wink

You know a stand company that might send me something? People wouldn't believe how broke I normally am before going out...the X-stands work, I'm not gonna' buy anything new until something doesn't work.

Hey I caught your gig at Hard Rock in Ft Lauderdale!

"we're not worthy!"

Awesome show Really dug "Your Time is Gonna Come" as well as the many instruments.

wave

#2384446 - 02/09/12 08:07 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Analogaddict]
Bobadohshe Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Diego / Los Angeles
Originally Posted By: Analogaddict
In this rig I use the SK thru a Ventilator for Hammond only. I do a lot of Hammond gigs, and prefer having a stand-alone Hammond/Clone.

I use my B3-P a lot, and since the SK-1 (in this configuration) doesn't take up any extra space it feels like a great alternative, and having B3 sounds separated from the other keyboards gives me a lot of freedom. But I'm sure I could do most of what I do with the Kronos... smile

SK THRU A VENT!? Spoiled for choice. Me likey.

#2384631 - 02/09/12 02:34 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Bobadohshe]
allan_evett Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Westville, IN
Here's the home rig du jour: PX3 and PCR-800 as controllers; PreSonus AudioBox, and M-Audio merger;
MacMini w/Logic Pro, Studio One Pro, and too many software instruments cool;
XV-5080 -filled up, and XF7 - in for programming. Mackie 1402 VLZ3 w/Onkyo preamp/amp connected to a pair o' Cerwin Vega RE-25's.

Have some still shots of my home/studio rig from the 90's (four 'boards, MacG3, 'phone booth' of modules, yada, yada...). Plan to scan and upload those for laugh

Some recent live rig shots: Kronos 88 and Motif XF7, with either an iPad (GarageBand Clonewheel) or Mididrawbars/Receptor. Edirol M-10DX mixer, and QSC K-10 are usually in either rig. Sometimes I use a rack containing my Vent' and Behringer RX-1602 mixer (plus other stuff..). Have a Roland AX-1, but that rarely goes out these days.

#2384634 - 02/09/12 02:38 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: allan_evett]
Steve Force Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Metro-Detroit, Michigan
Damn Allan! cool

wish I had a home studio...

My musical gear Blog

#2384635 - 02/09/12 02:41 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Steve Force]
linwood Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Las Vegas,NV,UNITED STATES
A poor man's studio....

#2384638 - 02/09/12 02:50 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: linwood]
wjwilcox Offline
Gold Member

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
We should all look so poor, Linwood. Neat and tidy and very classy.

#2384645 - 02/09/12 03:05 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: justin_havu]
wjwilcox Offline
Gold Member

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Here's the current home studio rig; Alesis Ion, Ensoniq SD1, Alesis DataDisk, E-mu Vintage Keys, Roland JV-1080, Rolls MX28 MiniMix6, Alesis NanoVerb, Behringer MX602A.

The live rig is usually just the Ion and the SD1. The Roland KC300 has been replaced by a QSC K10, much to my satisfaction.

Edited by wjwilcox (02/09/12 03:06 PM)

#2384682 - 02/09/12 06:37 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: justin_havu]
JJHCW Offline

how do I post a pic says HTML disabled?A little Help?

#2384703 - 02/09/12 08:35 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: JJHCW]
Seannn Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Montreal, Canada
So, not too impressive as far as the recording gear goes (just some live mics, 57s, and a Firestudio interface), but here's how my home studio is laid out. I'd like to eventually put my interface on something with wheels, but at its current location, it's pretty easy for me to record from anywhere in the room, as I have lots of long cables. My monitors and theremin aren't in the picture, but their Rokit 5's, and are ok (I'd be better off with the 6's). I'd like to also by PA speakers eventually for jam sessions. I have these great stacked drawer things that I use to store cables, adaptors, a wealth of percussion instruments, lyric sheets, etc., etc.

Anyhow, I have the organs/electric pianos/funky stuff on one side, and then my synths/digital keyboards on another, along with the love of my life, my harmonium. I'd like to add a few more keyboards over the next few months, but we'll see how my pockets treat me. I used to have a different layout in the basement (the organ was on the other side of the wall, for example), but this works much better since there's lots of space to walk around between the keyboards.

#2384713 - 02/09/12 10:23 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Bobadohshe]
Analogaddict Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

SK THRU A VENT!? Spoiled for choice. Me likey.

I do endulge from time to time. :-D The SK holds its own, but the Vent is the best sim I've heard...

#2384724 - 02/10/12 01:07 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Analogaddict]
Qtipcore Offline

Loc: Norway
Allright.

Here's my little playroom cool

The "full" studio shot:

My TEX76 used to be my main live keyboard, but is now stationary.

Current Live rig - Kronos 88

Edited by Qtipcore (02/10/12 01:25 AM)

#2387302 - 02/17/12 08:33 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Qtipcore]
justin_havu Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somersworth, NH
New live rig...

#2387309 - 02/17/12 08:56 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: justin_havu]
zukskywalker Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Prophecy! Yumm! Nice rig Justin.

Edited by zukskywalker (02/17/12 08:56 AM)

#2387364 - 02/17/12 11:28 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: zukskywalker]
MikeT156 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Central PA, USA
The veterans of this Forum have seen these pics before, but as long as everyone else is posting.......here's a dated pic of part of my home setup-photo 1:

photo 2:

photo 3:

Live rig closeup-from a few years back:

Last-scaled down rig-getting too old to carry this stuff!

Retired!

Mike T.

#2387384 - 02/17/12 11:51 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: MikeT156]
mcgoo Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Indianapolis
grainy Q&D shots, but here's my office:

#2387385 - 02/17/12 11:51 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Joe Muscara]
Jason Stanfield Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Madison, MS
Now that I have something to show off ...

Roland RD-700NX
Ventura TX-5
Roland Gaia
Speakeasy Vintage Tube Preamp & AMA
Peavey PV6USB Mixer
Peavey PV900 power amp
Speakeasy-converted PR12 speakers
Quick-Lok & On Stage stands
Gator cases

#2387388 - 02/17/12 11:56 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Seannn]
yannis D Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: athens, greece
Originally Posted By: Wolvesparade
So, not too impressive as far as the recording gear goes (just some live mics, 57s, and a Firestudio interface), but here's how my home studio is laid out. I'd like to eventually put my interface on something with wheels, but at its current location, it's pretty easy for me to record from anywhere in the room, as I have lots of long cables. My monitors and theremin aren't in the picture, but their Rokit 5's, and are ok (I'd be better off with the 6's). I'd like to also by PA speakers eventually for jam sessions. I have these great stacked drawer things that I use to store cables, adaptors, a wealth of percussion instruments, lyric sheets, etc., etc.

Anyhow, I have the organs/electric pianos/funky stuff on one side, and then my synths/digital keyboards on another, along with the love of my life, my harmonium. I'd like to add a few more keyboards over the next few months, but we'll see how my pockets treat me. I used to have a different layout in the basement (the organ was on the other side of the wall, for example), but this works much better since there's lots of space to walk around between the keyboards.

I see with joy that you have your little pianorgan thing! I had one for some time, borrowed from a friend but he had to take it back (as a... decoration item in his living room). I also see that you've got the indian harmonium (i love mine) thu

#2387396 - 02/17/12 12:09 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: zukskywalker]
S_Gould Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Port Charlotte ,FL,UNITED STAT...

My corner of the studio - the grand, Kawai EP308, Wurli 720, and various others are in different locations...

#2387413 - 02/17/12 12:35 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: S_Gould]
Michael Wright Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Boy what a bunch of cool toys!!!! Great Thread! laugh

#2387442 - 02/17/12 02:01 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: yannis D]
Seannn Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted By: yannis D

I see with joy that you have your little pianorgan thing! I had one for some time, borrowed from a friend but he had to take it back (as a... decoration item in his living room). I also see that you've got the indian harmonium (i love mine) thu

Mmhmm! I picked up the pianorgan for $40 off a guy a few years ago. I probably should have spent less.. the thing is very dusty, takes a while to warm up, and whenever I risk turning it on, it sounds as though a dead animal is stuck inside. I could probably get it repaired or open it up to fix the motor myself, but I don't know if it's worth the effort. I've never recorded with it, but it's certainly quirky!

The harmonium on the other hand is a dream. I believe it's a Bina No. 15, and may have been the second-best one at the store I bought it from, that specializes in Indian instruments. I adore playing it, and it really does transport me to a more harmonious, peaceful place. I've had friends try it and they try to pump the bellows rhythmically, but I just let my playing flow. What I do with my left hand and the bellows is COMPLETELY independent of the melodic or harmonic passage that I'm playing with my right hand. I suppose it may take people some time to adjust to that, but the minute I sat down with the instrument, I found it natural. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I bought a second one. I have a Sufi-inspired indie/pop music side project that I'd like to start one day, but for now I'm just writing songs on my spare time.

Edited by Wolvesparade (02/17/12 02:02 PM)

#2387531 - 02/17/12 08:39 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Seannn]
Ashville.Guru Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: India
The harmonium on the other hand is a dream. I believe it's a Bina No. 15, and may have been the second-best one at the store I bought it from, that specializes in Indian instruments. I adore playing it, and it really does transport me to a more harmonious, peaceful place. I've had friends try it and they try to pump the bellows rhythmically, but I just let my playing flow. What I do with my left hand and the bellows is COMPLETELY independent of the melodic or harmonic passage that I'm playing with my right hand. I suppose it may take people some time to adjust to that, but the minute I sat down with the instrument, I found it natural. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I bought a second one. I have a Sufi-inspired indie/pop music side project that I'd like to start one day, but for now I'm just writing songs on my spare time.

cool
One or two Sufi tunes often figure in my gigs. Do keep us posted.

Great thread, BTW...! thu

#2387553 - 02/18/12 02:09 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Seannn]
yannis D Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: athens, greece
Originally Posted By: yannis D

Mmhmm! I picked up the pianorgan for $40 off a guy a few years ago. I probably should have spent less.. the thing is very dusty, takes a while to warm up, and whenever I risk turning it on, it sounds as though a dead animal is stuck inside. I could probably get it repaired or open it up to fix the motor myself, but I don't know if it's worth the effort. I've never recorded with it, but it's certainly quirky!

you give me ideas. I play with a Sufi artist -on the ethnic side, he's turkish- and the little thing would be just perfect for some tunes. It's a bit sharp i think you there must be a way to bring it down a little.
BTW when i brought mine from New Delhi, the girl in the airport put it inside the plane-when back, the sides were broken. I went to a good carpenter who fixed it for me and now it works like a champ. I use it with my group sometimes and, along with the stylophone, they get the more positive comments!

#2387558 - 02/18/12 04:23 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: yannis D]
gryphon Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Okemos, MI

I've been thinking about making some changes, but really this simple setup still works for me so I have no reason to other than GAS. I have a grand piano at home that only moves around the LR once a year or two. smile

Not shown: stringed instruments.

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner