Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 23 of 23 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23
Topic Options
#2878818 - 09/13/17 07:04 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Michael Wright]
vonnor Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Centreville, VA USA
So over on another forum, So_Godly (Sven) - don't know if he visits here, posted a pic of his rig with a very cool looking keyboard stand. He says it was made by Ruka back in the 90's. Anybody seen these before?

There's a few more pix at Cantabile Forums.

Can't even find this on Google pix.

~ vonnor

Edited by vonnor (09/13/17 07:07 AM)
Edit Reason: Redundant redundancy removed...

KC Island
#2878927 - 09/13/17 02:07 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: vonnor]
Dave Bryce Administrator Offline
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Loc: Thousand Oaks,CA,UNITED STATES
Loving my current playpen rig. Way, way too much fun. boing

Left to right (top to bottom):
Korg Kronos, Crumar Mojo61 (with lower manual), Mellotron 4000D rack (under Mac monitor), Animal, DSI Pro2, Roland D-50, Kurzweil PC3K8, MiniMoog, Eventide H9 Max, DSI PolyEvolver (MIDI'd to Mini with Kenton interface), Kurzweil FORTE 7, Alesis Ion (triggering Mellotron).

dB

rockit ==> ReverbNation SoundCloud <==rawk

Professional affiliations: Amphion Loudspeakers Cloud Microphones Crumar/GSi elysia GmbH Roswell Pro Audio TK Audio...and Electronic Musician

#2878937 - 09/13/17 02:32 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Dave Bryce]
Michael Wright Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Nice room! like

#2878941 - 09/13/17 03:18 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Dave Bryce]
Markyboard Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Springfield, Virginia
Originally Posted By: Dave Bryce

Korg Kronos, Crumar Mojo61 (with lower manual), Mellotron 4000D rack (under Mac monitor), Animal, DSI Pro2, Roland D-50, Kurzweil PC3K8, MiniMoog, Eventide H9 Max, DSI PolyEvolver (MIDI'd to Mini with Kenton interface), Kurzweil FORTE 7, Alesis Ion (triggering Mellotron).

dB

Love how the mini Seems to Lord over the room- very Wakeman like twothumbs
No Andromeda?

#2878943 - 09/13/17 03:26 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Markyboard]
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Originally Posted By: Michael Wright
Nice room! like

Thanks. There's a bunch of recording stuff to the left of the Big Rig as well, and a few more keyboards and modules scattered about.

Originally Posted By: Markyboard
No Andromeda?

Both need some work. The red one won't even boot at the moment. rolleyes

It's actually in the rack to the right of the pic, with a Quadrasynth (always loaded with my precious Vintage Synths QCard), another PEK and the PX-5S.

dB

Professional affiliations: Amphion Loudspeakers Cloud Microphones Crumar/GSi elysia GmbH Roswell Pro Audio TK Audio...and Electronic Musician

#2878945 - 09/13/17 03:35 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Dave Bryce]
Aussie_Chicago Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Chicago, Illinois

dB

Wheres the Hammond A100 ?

#2878946 - 09/13/17 03:37 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: BrandonBruce]
Aussie_Chicago Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: BrandonBruce
I made a 360 pano of my music room:

My Home Rig 360

Awesome setup, very similair to mine. I should figure out how to do the 360 thing...

#2878947 - 09/13/17 03:39 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Aussie_Chicago]
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Originally Posted By: Aussie_Chicago
Wheres the Hammond A100 ?

In a different room.

Quote:
I should figure out how to do the 360 thing...

Me, too.

dB

#2878948 - 09/13/17 03:40 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: JWhllr]
Aussie_Chicago Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: JWhllr
Some updates. Primarily the Viscount Legend. Getting the 1122 connector to get the Leslie up and running with it, looking forward to that coming in! Kronos packed away hoping someone buys it. Electro 4 HP in gig bag to chuck in the car at a moments notice.

I am also using the 1122 from the Legend to run a 142. Perfect setup, to control both the Leslie and the internal sim to FOH if needed. I also have a Lounsberry Tall and Fat in the effects loop . Im also from Melbourne originally, my long lost son maybe ??? haha

#2878957 - 09/13/17 04:46 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Aussie_Chicago]
PianoMan51 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: SE NC marsh
Would it be conceivable for this forum to have a permanent topic:

For Family, Significant Others, and Friends: WHAT THE OTHER GUYS HAVE!

Think about it. "Honey, it's not too much to spend! Just go to KC and see WHAT THE OTHER GUYS HAVE!"

(For the sake of fairness, perhaps someone can de-misogynize my wording.) wave

#2878958 - 09/13/17 04:59 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Dave Bryce]
The Real MC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Secluded Tranquil NY Wine Coun...

No Andromeda?

Both need some work. The red one won't even boot at the moment. rolleyes

Has the battery on the processor board been replaced? A dying battery can hose the firmware.

I had to replace the battery in mine some years ago. They have about a ten year life.

#2878982 - 09/13/17 06:32 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: The Real MC]
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Originally Posted By: The Real MC
Has the battery on the processor board been replaced? A dying battery can hose the firmware.

I had to replace the battery in mine some years ago. They have about a ten year life.

I suppose that's possible. It's the first one that was ever shown publicly at the 2000 NAMM show. Not a production model. You probably played it....

It won't get past the boot screen, so that could be a firmware issue. What kind of battery? Easy to replace?

dB

#2878991 - 09/13/17 06:58 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Dave Bryce]
BrandonBruce Offline

Loc: Ontario (ON)

dB

Killer setup and I like your other room with the Hammond and piano. I'm considering the lower manual for my Mojo 61.

#2879005 - 09/13/17 08:23 PM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Aussie_Chicago]
JWhllr Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: Aussie_Chicago
Originally Posted By: JWhllr
Some updates. Primarily the Viscount Legend. Getting the 1122 connector to get the Leslie up and running with it, looking forward to that coming in! Kronos packed away hoping someone buys it. Electro 4 HP in gig bag to chuck in the car at a moments notice.

I am also using the 1122 from the Legend to run a 142. Perfect setup, to control both the Leslie and the internal sim to FOH if needed. I also have a Lounsberry Tall and Fat in the effects loop . Im also from Melbourne originally, my long lost son maybe ??? haha

Hahaha, perhaps! How do you find the Lounsberry working with the 142? I'm at the point where I feel like my setup is just one step away from a real console soundwise, and that's a schelp I ain't happy with! I play boogaloo, funk, jazz (LHB all the way).

#2879051 - 09/14/17 03:32 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Dave Bryce]
Markyboard Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

It won't get past the boot screen, so that could be a firmware issue. What kind of battery? Easy to replace? dB

CR2032 - only it's the solder tab variety. Btw I'm not sure how a bad battery can "hose the firmware" unless the firmware is stored in the non-volatile S-RAM? Guess I'm due to be schooled by Michael - once again.

Good link here for changing over to a battery holder: I'll take this on shortly as I also need to replace a flaky pot.

#2879128 - 09/14/17 08:02 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: Dave Bryce]
The Real MC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Secluded Tranquil NY Wine Coun...
It's the first one that was ever shown publicly at the 2000 NAMM show. Not a production model. You probably played it....

I did play that one at the show. Shortly before that NAMM show, Peake brought over a blue panel prototype to Dave Kean's place where I was staying.

It won't get past the boot screen, so that could be a firmware issue. What kind of battery? Easy to replace? dB

CR2032 - only it's the solder tab variety. Btw I'm not sure how a bad battery can "hose the firmware" unless the firmware is stored in the non-volatile S-RAM? Guess I'm due to be schooled by Michael - once again.

Good link here for changing over to a battery holder: I'll take this on shortly as I also need to replace a flaky pot.

Yup, the 2x32 variety. Markyboard's link is accurate.

Firmware is stored in flash memory, but the battery backed RAM holds not just patches but some system parameters. If the battery goes south, the system may be unable to boot. Pretty common ailment for most gear, not just synths but effect devices too.

You have to be cautious unsoldering the old battery as they can explode from too much heat from the soldering iron tip. Leave this job to a tech; ask him to install a battery holder. Doesn't take much time so not an expensive fix. Battery holder makes it a lot easier to replace the battery, save your patch memory before you do this.

You can get longer battery life using the 2450 instead of the 2032. 2450 is the same voltage but double the mAh (milliamp per hour) rating. It's a larger battery so the socket has to fit it. I've been using the 2450 in place of 2032 with no trouble.

Good table of coin cell ratings

Tell your tech to be very careful with assembly of ribbon cables in the Andromeda. It is easy to offset a socket to the header pins by mistake. I did that and zapped the digital FX chip.

#2879141 - 09/14/17 08:27 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: The Real MC]
Franz Schiller Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I just started a new band, a synth/drum duo. Although I don't play the organ per se, I'm so used to the action and ergonomic, I still use the C2 as a controller. So I built a rack that sits on top that holds all my synth modules and stuff.

The KMI 12-step on the floor controls the iPad mini (Focusrite iTrack).

SynthRig by Patrick Suler, on Flickr

Edited by Franz Schiller (09/14/17 08:30 AM)

#2879147 - 09/14/17 08:49 AM Re: Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup! [Re: The Real MC]
Markyboard Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Beautiful Franz! I love well thought out compact ergonomics.

Firmware is stored in flash memory, but the battery backed RAM holds not just patches but some system parameters. If the battery goes south, the system may be unable to boot. Pretty common ailment for most gear, not just synths but effect devices too.

Never knew that. So it's not really firmware per se but still boot dependable critical parameters- interesting.

You can get longer battery life using the 2450 instead of the 2032. 2450 is the same voltage but double the mAh (milliamp per hour) rating. It's a larger battery so the socket has to fit it. I've been using the 2450 in place of 2032 with no trouble.

Never knew this either - thanks!

Page 23 of 23 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner