Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

post your music for honest feedback

Phil W

Listened to three tracks so far. Nice work Steve! Nice work indeed.

Just out of curiousity, what's the MSG stand for? I'm from New York where it only means Madison Square Garden (unless of course you're ordering Chinese food).

Push the button Frank.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was using a friends Geddy Lee. Was debating buying it but I think I'm going to go with an American standard instead. The Geddy is a little thin in the neck and maybe a little aggressive for my all around needs. I think the pickup placement and rosewood board will be more my taste.

• 2 weeks later...

Forumites with guts, verve, and integrity:

Phil W

Nicklab

jeremy c, OG

JBFLA

The Geoff

Lefty Bass

Notlug!

ETi7Bass

Wally Malone

Alberto Rigoni

SteveC

Forumites who are lillyliveredcrybabysissybedwettersoflowbirthoriginwiththestonesofaneuteredundersizedpeacock.... The rest of you.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Here's three more videos on my YouTube channel. I didn't know it worked this way but when I commented on another channel the video then appeared on my channel. Two are from the concert/documentary I did in 1987 with Bo Diddley for Swedish TV. It was eventually released world-wide and aired on A&E in the US in 1989. The third one is from the September 2011 Ponderosa Stomp in New Orleans.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WallySoulfinger?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Wally, you should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Meanwhile, here are few videos of me with unknown musicians.

(well, I know them, but you don't) (and the second video was the first time I had ever met the drummer and I haven't seen him since.)

[video:youtube]

Jeremy, it's funny you mention this since earlier today my wife received an email from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & Museum asking if she would like to speak at an event there early February. She would speak about women in rock at that time of history when she was first performing with Bo. It would be recorded and kept at the museum.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Mister Malone: Ditto what Jeremy said. Very legit.

Mister Cohen: I tip my hat to your playing, especially the second video in your group of three.

Mister Lug (or NotLug): Guilty as charged. ;)

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

OK, at the risk of further taunting, I'll play:

Some of you may have heard some of these before, and some of you haven't.

http://www.myspace.com/wraubmusic

Either way, please deal with it. :D

New music should be coming soon, probably at a different site.

Thanks all!

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Feel free to stream or download (free or paid) our EP here - the Greek/Turkish/Mediterranean band. Not the greatest recording quality (we know). I play on tracks 3, 4 and 5. Comments on the arrangements would be appreciated. Is the arrangement of track 4 too repetitive?

http://delicatessen.bandcamp.com/

Funky!

Great job!

My first DVD edit into iMovie:

To keep it shorter I skipped the early verses and choruses and started at the horn riff. This was done for a labor day event for the Santa Cruz Labor Council sometime near the turn of the century. I'll have to look it up for exact date.

Wally

So after all these years of posts, gear and such, some of you probably wonder if I even play. Well, here's a clip from NYE this year. I think it's OK so I'll post it up. It's a board mix, first time with the new board, recording, etc. Also my last gig with the band. For what it's worth...

Tight!

OK, at the risk of further taunting, I'll play:

Some of you may have heard some of these before, and some of you haven't.

http://www.myspace.com/wraubmusic

Either way, please deal with it. :D

New music should be coming soon, probably at a different site.

Thanks all!

Peace,

wraub

Wraub, haven't heard your music for years and listening now made me realise you might have influenced my own music at times - either that or we have similar influences. Loved it.

First time i'd been to MySpace for years though - weird!

Thanks indeed Phil, for the kind words.

Have, as usual, been busy with real life, but have occasionally been able to work on tunes, and do have some new stuff to get to and get online asap.

Will probably end up with stuff at purevolume or reverbnation.

Agreed that going to myspace is weird. Like a visit to the long-failing mall at the edge of town.

You know, that one that was waiting for that subdivision to open, but the bottom fell out of the market, and then the economy stuff happened, and then the tax base changed, and...

Either way, thanks Phil, and to all who have checked this junk again.

I do appreciate it.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Hello guys!

That's the new video clip I've just released. The song is based just on bass harmonics. It's simple but hypnotic (I think). It's one of the tunes from my new solo album Rebirth.

Hope you like it!

have a great week end!

Alberto

Always liked this song and this bass part. I beefed it up a bit and gave it my own spin. For what it's worth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuTFUj8QqAg

I've been thrown into a time machine with Micheal J. Fox! Nice work!

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

The problem with posting in this forum is , no one sees if there's a new post. There's no way to generate interest. I guess that's why after 3 months there are so few views and only a handful of replies. Oh well. Maybe a separate forum for recordings?

JAZZ UN-STANDARDS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vE4FoJ4Cr4&feature=related

DON'T FEAR...THE REVERB! 60's Instrumentals with MORE BASS!

What? Isn't the thread for recordings enough?

You can easily see that there's a new post.....in the column that says "posted", you see the name of the most recent poster and the date on which they posted.

It could be that many people don't have time to listen to every recording and if they do, they don't feel a need to comment.

You could start a Linkedin thread on "listen to my recording", although I think that even fewer people would listen and comment there.

What? Isn't the thread for recordings enough?

You can easily see that there's a new post.....in the column that says "posted", you see the name of the most recent poster and the date on which they posted.

It could be that many people don't have time to listen to every recording and if they do, they don't feel a need to comment.

You could start a Linkedin thread on "listen to my recording", although I think that even fewer people would listen and comment there.

It's not that. But if there were a forum where there were different types of comments on different types of recording with titles people could see, then they could pick and choose what to check out. Right now, someone has to go to the forum to see if there's anything new.

People can talk about anything else on the board, but recordings get one thread. I don't know -- doesn't seem to be the most effective approach, but what do I know?

JAZZ UN-STANDARDS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vE4FoJ4Cr4&feature=related

DON'T FEAR...THE REVERB! 60's Instrumentals with MORE BASS!