Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jedi Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
What up gang,

A friend of mine needs to get a soundcard for his Sony Vaio. It has a firewire port and a couple of USB 2.0 ports. What would be a good bang for the buck soundcard for this notebook. Under $300 is ideal. He doesn't need a lot of audio ins or outs. He just needs a midi port to plug in a Radium 49. He's going to be using Reason 2.5. In fact, should he just get a USB midi port, and if so would he get a lot of latency using one of those?

Thanks in advance,

Lincoln Ross
Dead Black Jedis

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT
Sound, Studio, and Stage Island
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
If all he needs is MIDI in/out, check out the M-Audio USB MIDISport Uno. It's what I use with my Mac, it's dirt cheap and works fine.

10k Club
10k Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedi:
He just needs a midi port to plug in a Radium 49.
Actually, the Radium 49 IS a MIDI interface. Just download the newest driver from M-Audio\'s drivers page , install it and plug it via USB to the computer.

The Radium only has MIDI OUT.

If you need a MIDI IN port you will need a Midisport UNO, a 1x1, 2x2, 2x4, 4x4, etc... depending on the number of required MIDI ports.

About the audio... does he need Mic preamps? maybe balanced inputs? How many of both things? Is it ok with a 16 bits/48kHz interface or 24/96 is mandatory? Maybe he only needs a mini stereo jack as input...

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo
Director de Ventas, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus Audio Electronics

Instagram: guslozada
Facebook: Gus Lozada - Facebook

www.guslozada.com

Moderated by  Anderton 

Link Copied to Clipboard