Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2336814 - 09/05/11 07:26 PM Bizarre Dark Sides to Modern Orchestras
kenfxj Online   sad
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Princeton, New Jersey
Interesting. Especially the bleeding retinas part.

BP Island
#2336852 - 09/05/11 08:36 PM Re: Bizarre Dark Sides to Modern Orchestras [Re: kenfxj]
jeremy c Offline
10k Club

Loc: Berkeley,CA,UNITED STATES
and it's all true.

#2336882 - 09/05/11 11:48 PM Re: Bizarre Dark Sides to Modern Orchestras [Re: jeremy c]
EddiePlaysBass Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Belgium
Ugh I hate modern journalism. Why is the f-bomb dropped so effing often in this piece anyway? What added value does it bring? Call me old-fashioned, I don't care. I skimmed through most of the article because I found it increasingly difficult to take the author (who is obviously biased) serious in any way.

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

#2336942 - 09/06/11 06:43 AM Re: Bizarre Dark Sides to Modern Orchestras [Re: EddiePlaysBass]
BluMunk Offline

Loc: Burlington, VT
What a horrendous article. My favorite part is:

Quote:

Notice how the top line has almost five million (approx.) as many black dots as the second line? That top bit is the soloist, who is carrying the melody while everyone else is chugging along playing long tones. There is only one soloist, thus the name. So if you're in an orchestra, you're almost certainly in that "everyone else" category, basically serving as bland background noise for the guy everyone came to hear.

Not enough eye-rolling for this.

#2336947 - 09/06/11 06:59 AM Re: Bizarre Dark Sides to Modern Orchestras [Re: BluMunk]
lug Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: League City,TX,UNITED STATES
<removes name for consideration for all modern Orchestras>

That was close!
I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

#2336957 - 09/06/11 07:20 AM Re: Bizarre Dark Sides to Modern Orchestras [Re: EddiePlaysBass]
Tenstrum Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Northeast Tennessee
Originally Posted By: EddiePlaysBass
Ugh I hate modern journalism. Why is the f-bomb dropped so effing often in this piece anyway? What added value does it bring? Call me old-fashioned, I don't care. I skimmed through most of the article because I found it increasingly difficult to take the author (who is obviously biased) serious in any way.

Because it is Cracked.com. I loathe that website and refuse to go to it. They are nothing but page hit/counter trolls! Stop giving them a reason to be around!

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."
Harry Dresden, Storm Front

#2337312 - 09/06/11 07:13 PM Re: Bizarre Dark Sides to Modern Orchestras [Re: Tenstrum]
kenfxj Online   sad
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Princeton, New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Tenstrum
Originally Posted By: EddiePlaysBass

Because it is Cracked.com. I loathe that website and refuse to go to it. They are nothing but page hit/counter trolls! Stop giving them a reason to be around!

What? They steal your bike or something?