Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2331966 - 08/20/11 08:46 AM Open letter to Bass Player Magazine.
basswales Offline

Dear Sir/Madam
I have been purchasing your magazine since it was first published and have found it a great source of information and inspiration! As a result I now have several shelves full of BPM.
While I enjoy picking out random copies and re-reading them, when I want to find articles/transcriptions, etc. on a particular bassist or style of music it means spending half a day wading through the indexes of each magazine.
Surely it wouldn't be too hard for you to cross reference such things on your site ... and before you suggest using your Search option, I suggest you try it!
Then see how long you put up with the spurious results before you revert to Google.
C'mon chaps! Its the best bass mag out there, help us out!
Thanks.

#2345903 - 10/06/11 10:01 AM Re: Open letter to Bass Player Magazine. [Re: basswales]
Michele C. Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Milano
+1
Finding the issue on string tasting was a nightmare and it is nowhere to be found. Fortunately it is archived somewhere else. Same for the Steve Swallow interview and lesson I wanted to re-read. It took me a lot of effort to find it. Fortunately, I have strong searching skills since Altavista was becoming the engine of choice.

#2352242 - 10/28/11 09:30 AM Re: Open letter to Bass Player Magazine. [Re: Michele C.]
Eric Iverson Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Jackson Heights, NY
I've been reading Guitar Player since 1969 or so, and I wish there had been the technology to archive ALL the instructional columns... so a person could create their own book of columns on a style that interested them. Oh, well, no use crying what can never be!
And I DO have a few hundred hard copies laying around - just need to find the time to look through them and copy things I like.

Moderator:  Brian Fox, johngoldsby