Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2296336 - 04/26/11 01:35 PM BASS PLAYER May 2011, two minor notes.
itu Offline

Loc: Europe
Dear Brian Fox,

You wrote two articles to the May 2011 issue that I would like to comment, just a bit.

First is about the Thumb basses. I may remember wrong (I just could not find the article from my archives), but some luthier (Harvey Citron?) wrote an article about the Thumb years, years back in Guitar Player. It would have been a nice touch to make a short comparison with the first article (if it ever existed). Like has something changed or so.

My second comment is about the Speaker Now. The article could have been a bit more concise, because there were some opinions (like "some players are suspicious of Nd..."). I think that you should rather point out the cold facts than shallow beliefs. After all, your headline was Techbench.

I want to thank you about the text because it was good. There were just few details that could have been omitted and few that could have been explained in greater detail instead, like how the similar area of small multiple cones differ against just one big (of the same area).

Maybe we also hear something about the speaker boxes and complete cabinets after the mysterious and funny Z, which changes along the driver's narrow frequency range.

Later...

#2300893 - 05/11/11 10:50 AM Re: BASS PLAYER May 2011, two minor notes. [Re: itu]
Brian Fox Moderator Offline

Loc: San Bruno, CA
Noted. Thanks for the feedback!

Moderator:  Brian Fox, johngoldsby