Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2147673 - 12/27/09 09:04 AM New Hope For The Masses And Surround
AudioMaverick Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Outskirts of Big Bear, CA,UNIT...
Yes, I am still around and living well at 7,000 feet in Big Bear, California...

I thought I would drop in and post what I thought would be promising news about getting the word out to the general populace about surround sound. A 'techy' personality I follow has a growing list of "Net Casts" and has just added one for home theater - "Home Theater Geeks". The first person to interview is none other than Tomlinson Holman, inventor of the Holman preamp, the console guy for Sky Walker Studios, and and co-inventor of THX.

I listened to this hour long interview that is a bit fluffy in the first 20 minutes or so, but very informational. It should become a homework assignment for everyone who ventures into this post! This is getting world wide exposure... really.

Please, post back and let everyone know what you thought of it. I had some things wrong, and it was great hearing the correct story from the one who was there.
There are a lot of other technology casts to listen to. Don't blame me if you find you are losing sleep to listen to them!

May your holidays be wonderful,
Audio Maverick - Jim

PS - Blas... I am waiting for that picture of GM wowing at your setup...(:>)

Edited by AudioMaverick (12/27/09 09:06 AM)

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

#2149421 - 01/02/10 11:40 AM Re: New Hope For The Masses And Surround [Re: AudioMaverick]
audiofreek Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Prince George,CANADA
Definitely worth an hour of my time,I highly recomend it.

Thanks,
Happy Holidays
Rick

#2258685 - 01/04/11 04:21 AM Re: New Hope For The Masses And Surround [Re: AudioMaverick]
CSDR Offline

On this topic, Holman's second edition of Surround Sound Up And Running is a fantastic read- a great addition to the interview.

Regards,

Carl
http://www.custom-sound-design-resource.com

#2263881 - 01/18/11 05:10 PM Re: New Hope For The Masses And Surround [Re: CSDR]
blas Offline
Gold Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
So Jim, I missed the link! Remember I'm not one that's computer savy. Please send the link.
Secondly, regarding George, I really thought I did send you that picture.
I'll try and find the darn thing and email it to you.

Joe