Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Yea Mike! Total ear candy. What did you use? Sounds great.

Thanks Linwood!! :)

I used....everything. LOL

This was all software. Because of my travel schedule I've been doing everything on a laptop these days. Needless to say that track all custom sounds that I made from: SQ80L, Xprhase and the big silky pad in the group is from Alchemy. Of course I'm using tons of effects too.

Thanks for listening!

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

• 1 month later...

Here's a little vacation project I did with a friend of mine who plays bass and guitar. It's a rock tune, unfortunately with German lyrics. The joke is that it has kind of a unusual word choice for a rock song, so it's hard to translate. The refrain is "I'm just a man (2x), please forgive me, 'cause I'm just a man". I hope you can enjoy the music, and if you wish, you can watch it in full HD (1920x1080) on Youtube :cool:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkwjB-lipYA

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally finished the 3rd movement of the 3rd tune on my cd project. The album is called Weave Made A Mask Around The World. Weave Made is track one, A Mask is track two, Around is track three and The World will be track four. I went minor in this particular part to show strife and longing. To build a bit of tension before The World(Finale). Hope you like it. Got some vintage in there! ;) All keyboard generated.
"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

bluzeyone, where's the link to your tune?

Linwood: nice as usual, very enjoyable. A suggestion: you have everything kinda scrunched together. You could take the first fiddles up an octave, take the seconds up at spots etc. The seconds and violas have too much in the same range. If you take a majority of the first fiddle line up an octave, you'll have a lot of room to give every line some room without tripping over the other lines.

I would also suggest re-thinking the double cello part. In real life, that's going to get very muddy. Since you'll have room if you take the fiddles up, you could transfer one of the cello parts to the violas and divide them instead. A different timbre on one part will make things less muddy down there.

In general, you keep everything pretty close to the staff area. You don't have to. :laugh: There's another two octaves to work with for the fiddle parts.

I thought it was muddy in parts, too and I was wondering about bars 14&15. What do I do there. Is that too hight for the cb...do I move that up to vlc, but then it's 3 parts or do I move one of the vlc's to violas? There's a lot to work out. I have no experience with the real world whatsoever, so I really love hearing what you have to say, Cygnus64. It really helps me out.

, too and I was wondering about bars 14&15. What do I do there. Is that too hight for the cb...

That depends on the bass players. :laugh: If it was one solo bassist it would probably work better than a section.

Divisi is a tricky thing. In general, cellos don't do a lot of it, and when they do it's usually in octaves playing the same line. If you need more parts, one thing you could consider is adding a violin 3 part. We played "Sophisticated Lady" by Ellington arranged by Morton Gould last week with the orchestra, and it had 3 fiddle parts. Your piece actually reminds me of it (it was for strings only), he has a lot going on and that violin 3 part gave him another line to work with. If you added a violin 3, you could give the bulk of the viola part to it, and free up the middle voices to move things around. Almost no classical music has a violin 3, but most "charts" from the Gershwin/Ellington/Porter genres have them.

Edit- one more thing is that measure 29 in the violas has a mistake. I think you want an 8th on the second half of beat three. They're viola players, they frighten easily. :laugh:

You've given me much to think about. Thanks much. You're right about #29,too. This was more or less just trying out a few moves with equal intervals and seeing where they lead me. The first 7 bars was all I had under my fingers and the rest just wrote itself with some eis stuff and an ear.

Thank you very much! You and linwood both are some "heavy hitters" so positive feedback from you cats make me feel good! I went to listen to your music, which is always a treat, and couldn't turn off the homepage groove. Granted that if that is one of your compositions, it is well wrote as always. I was going to select some tunes off your play list but the global jam kept looping. Is that "beatz" one of your businesses? There are some sticky, thick, saw waves groovin there! Sounds tight! :thu:
"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

Of a slightly different timbre than y'all's recent orchestral musings. Here is a music vid from an artist I'm playing with out in L.A.. This isn't technically 'my music' but it is 'an artist I play with'. I'm playing backup keys here and am at the back of the 'stage' on the right, jumping around. You don't see me at all until the second half of the song.

[video:youtube]

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I'm playing backup keys here and am at the back of the 'stage' on the right, jumping around.

I've got one one of those springboards on stage too. I'm surprised my 47 year old knees take it :D

Thank god for those Dr Scholl Gellin things in my shoes ;)

Oh and that song rocks.. nice work!!

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• 4 weeks later...

I made this song basically over the past two days, since I've been to college, I've heard so much music I wouldn't normally listen to. Because of that, I decided to make something that I still would like listening to, and I think would appeal to what these kids listen to...

http://www.archive.org/details/PoopTrack&reCache=1

• 2 weeks later...

My band Little Jackie Wright's first EP can be listened to at:

www.littlejackiewright.com

or

www.myspace.com/littlejackiewright

Trivia test: 3 of 6 songs used a real Leslie B3. Two used a Nord C1 sim. One used a Kurzweil PC3X piano only. See if you can guess which?

Feedback graciously accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest concoction - Synths used include Omnisphere, Korg M3, Access Virus TI Polar, and MOTU Bassline. Sequenced and recorded using Digital Performer.

[video:youtube]

Michael

Montage 8, Logic Pro X, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra 2, etc.

The recording is not any big production, piano & voice together, maybe two or three takes. It's lo-fi quality, I can't remember for sure but it was probably into my CD recorder with my CP-300. Anyway, it's the idea and sentiment that comes across.

Dave , that was beautiful. Whenever I hear this song I can't help thinking how popular it was during WW II and what it must have meant to the families and loved ones during the war.

ewall.biz

• 2 months later...

Hello everone,

I just uploaded my first track "ThankFull Moon" to MySpace, please check it out and I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.myspace.com/PulseFieldProject

It sounds best with either a good pair of headphones or a system with subwoofer. This is my first recording/mixing using Live, and I'd really appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

Just hung the mic right where I sit in front of the computer and went. Probably not the best way, but this was just for fun. I had just gotten a new 64 and wanted to play it on something and always liked the way Stevie did this tune and thought I'd give it a try. The chain was U87 - 1272- ELOP- UA2192.

Hey Z.....I'll answer it up here. No it's an Brent Averill pair of 1272's made from real neve modules.

http://baeaudio.com/