Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2192043 - 05/20/10 09:38 AM More Online
simpleman3441 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Ohio
GP has been doing a "More Online" feature to coincide with their articles. I think it'd be helpful if you guys did the same. Frequently you talk about different tracks and the techniques the artist used to get different sounds. Often the description of the sound means little without actually hearing the section. You should create links on your website to correspond with the articles, offering specific clips in order of appearance to correspond to the examples given. That way a reader such as myself could read the magazine and simply scroll down on your website hitting play as I get to each description. I think I would learn a lot more and be exposed to more music. The artists would likely be on board because there is the potential for more album sales. All in all, just a little extra work on your part would make your magazine more engaging and useful to the reader.

#2207763 - 07/03/10 12:14 PM Re: More Online [Re: simpleman3441]
simpleman3441 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Ohio
Thanks for listening, guys. I appreciate the effort you guys have put into the new issue. I still believe that the extra step of actually having samples of the tracks corresponding sequentially to the examples that are frequently given in your articles would make your magazine that much more powerful. This is definitely a big step forward and I was really excited to see it made.

Moderator:  Anderton