Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Name my band!

• 2 weeks later...

With props to Picker..........

Unabashedly Nutball

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

Passive Aggressive Whiners

Pathological Optimists

Zippadee Do Dah

Polyanna and the Starry-Eyed Dreamers "I know he's an axe murderer, never pays his friends back that he borrows money from, and has severe B.O., but AT HEART HE'S NICE PERSON, MOST PEOPLE ARE...."

Reminding me of a poem regarding a guitarist friend who is also a butcher (of frozen animals, not humans, as far as I know):

I gotta make a living

And must face the facts

It's either my meat cleaver

Or my axe

PS Remember the Beatles album cover that the record company pulled, with all the butchered dolls?

PS Remember the Beatles album cover that the record company pulled, with all the butchered dolls?

A couple of weeks ago, I stopped in at Val's Halla, a landmark indie record store in Oak Park, IL (Chgo suburb), and Val, who worked at Capitol in the mid to late '60s, was telling us about how she got called in to work one weekend pulling all those Beatles "butcher" album covers, because record stores in the south wouldn't carry it. She has a copy of the cover and said that several boxes of the original LPs were set aside and handed out individually as premiums to loyal Capitol clients over the years. Probably worth a big bundle now! Anyway, cool story.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.