Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hall Of Fame/Shame Threads

By request, this sticky is here to recognize those which are considered the all time classic threads here at KC. Not only are they all entertaining reads, but if we don't bump them every year or so, they will fall beneath the ability of the search engine to find them again (it has a limit of 2 years).

Here then, your honorees:

==

"So what chord is this?"

Dave Bryce, I need some advice

Trombone players rule!

Playing a gig in 2 dayz i need acurate tab for Van Halen - I'll Wait

Goin' to West Virginia To Get Me ...

Starting Trouble

Looking for a Keyboard Player

Craziest thing ever said to you at a gig

Organist Ricky Peterson setting question

==

Now accepting other nominations...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of the original "vocoder" thread(s) exist? I've heard about them a lot but have never seen one.

I looked for them as I had been a participant. I found the general variety of them, but I think the most entertaining ones were either deleted by CYLON VOCODER or a moderator. I could only find a few of his last and they are not that great.

Regards,

Eric

Don't worry, I missed many of them the first time around too. If you read the one about West Virginia, it was a while before I understood where Eric's old avatar came from.

There will be more threads that are created that end up here in The Hall. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Utterly pitiful, +1K

Heck, I missed all of them first time around too, as I'm an uber-noob here...

Not to worry, Maximus, we'll get our chances to get in on some upcoming hall o' famers/shamers.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Joe Gerardi's flaming post was a brilliant, twisted chapter in "Starting Trouble" (sort of like what might happen if Sam Kinison, George Carlin & Lisa Lampanelli were somehow able to forge a collaboration - with liberal amounts of Quaaludes and espresso).

But for sheer bombasticity "Trombone players rule" is epic in its' scope.

( However I still believe - with fond memories of my beloved Conn 8D French Horn - that Horn Players Rule ! )

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

How 'bout the infamous Coakley thread?

+1

Ehhhhh...I can't say I'd mind if that thread stayed buried. It's full of epic fail to be sure...but as someone who works in the MI industry, it was amazingly painful to watch that guy commit professional suicide. :eek:

dB

I'd also hate for that thread's presence to somehow make him show up again. :eek:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

How 'bout the infamous Coakley thread?

+1

Ehhhhh...I can't say I'd mind if that thread stayed buried. It's full of epic fail to be sure...but as someone who works in the MI industry, it was amazingly painful to watch that guy commit professional suicide. :eek:

dB

Thanks Dave; to have that thread around would have annoyed me as well. ;)

So no one is interested in re-reading the epic flaming from Gerardi and others? Personally, I didn't partecipate in the flame war, but some of the posts were so virtuosic in their insulting nature, that I couldn't help laughing wildly.

So no one is interested in re-reading the epic flaming from Gerardi and others? Personally, I didn't partecipate in the flame war, but some of the posts were so virtuosic in their insulting nature, that I couldn't help laughing wildly.

+1, and then some. I laughed my arse off reading both last night.

Great concept: 'Virtuosic insulting'...

• 2 weeks later...

+1, and then some.

Motion seconded, thread added.

dB

Shucks, now I'm really curous about that Coakley thread. If it is not added, can you at least pm me a link?

+1: My sense of morbid curiosity is starting to get the best of me here...

• 1 month later...
A couple more insult thread nominations:

"Looking for a Keyboard Player":

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/1985874/1

"Keyboard Player Found":

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/1986644/1

Seconded. Threads merged and linked.

Good one, Moe. :thu:

dB