Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2070458 - 05/02/09 08:38 PM Poll: Which Departments Do You Like?
Anderton Moderator Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

EQ has several "constants" in each issue. Please check the ones you read and like, and don't check the ones that you don't care about that much. After voting, feel free to add any commments as part of this therad.

Rate the Departments
You may choose many

Votes accepted starting: 05/02/09 08:38 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Edited by Anderton (05/02/09 08:39 PM)

#2086896 - 06/16/09 02:27 PM Re: Poll: Which Departments Do You Like? [Re: Anderton]
miroslav Offline
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club

Loc: NY Hudson Valley, USA
I notice that "Room with a VU" was removed from the current issue of EQ, and there is in its place a "classic" interview from 2005.

Personally..."Room with a VU" was always one of the things I liked checking out in every EQ issue...so I hope it's not gone for good.
AFA the "classic" article rewrite...it was a nice interview back in 2005...but now it appears more like "filler". At least “Room with a VU” always had something new every month and allowed us to peer into the recording spaces of colleagues, rather than just always see layouts of multi-million dollar commercial studio spaces (which I also like to check out) like in some other magazines.

Plus I notice that EQ must be on some serous diet plan as it is shedding pounds faster than the Nutri-System folks!
What’s going on?

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

#2091889 - 06/30/09 03:00 PM Re: Poll: Which Departments Do You Like? [Re: miroslav]
Anderton Moderator Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

No, it's not gone for good. We just don't have anyone right now to solicit the articles and edit them. We're working on it...

As to shedding pounds, the page and cover stock is not as thick, which helps in terms of postage rates and shipping. Also, with the economy the way it is, there are fewer advertisers spending money which is why all mags are thinner than they were a while ago.

Moderator:  Anderton