Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

On a not-so-Family-Guy-oriented note:

I've got a phone interview this afternoon with the recruiter for the position I recently applied for. I wasn't sure if I'd even get this far (even though this is really only the first step) considering it's a LARGE step up from where I am now.

We shall see.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure to say "Dude" and "Man" a lot and don't be afraid to interrupt to finish his thoughts for him.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

...so I ROCKED the phone interview and it's on to Stage 2 where I have to swim through arctic waters and backflip through razor-sharp, fiery rings before battling the other applicants in an office supply deathmatch armed only with staplers, foam stress balls and as many papercuts as I can dish out from a single 8.5"x11" piece of copy paper.

...so I ROCKED the phone interview and it's on to Stage 2 where I have to swim through arctic waters and backflip through razor-sharp, fiery rings before battling the other applicants in an office supply deathmatch armed only with staplers, foam stress balls and as many papercuts as I can dish out from a single 8.5"x11" piece of copy paper.

We used to put potential employees through similar tests/screenings. Two general technical phone screens then a 6-8 hour day of non-stop hour long interviews with various tech people and management types. You got lunch provided but you ate while you interviewed.

Now we pretty much hire anyone with a pulse. Sad.

Good luck, davio. Remember the best answer when you don't know the answer is "I don't know". People respect honesty and they can always tell when you're trying to BS a response.

Honestly, honesty has always been a big thing with me. I remember my old man saying "davio, if you don't have honesty, you don't have nothing." I mean, honestly, can you get any more honest-to-god than that?

I don't know.

Really, this recruiter was totally cool. He sounded older and really down-to-earth as opposed to the young blood suckers I work with on the retail side (the ones that hire for the branches). He's the kind of person that makes it easy to be honest and open with him in a convo.

Nothing but good things.

I finished up a drywall repair today and while chatting with the client I distinctly heard "the lake". When asked what lake she said "our lake". Needless to say there was an audible grinding noise in my head. Another brief conversation later I had permission to fish a 5 acre private lake stocked with bass, bluegill and catfish. The only condition is that I don't kill fish. Easy, I never do anyway.

Bass are a great catch on a fly rig and bluegill are even more fun because they turn onto their side and swim right to the bottom. I have never caught a catfish on a flyrod but I'm gonna try. Time to pump up the belly boat!

My father fishes a lot in the bay here on Lawn Guyland.

He always follows the "keep" rules, though they are getting so stringent that it is discouraging. But he keeps what he can, and enjoys bringing home dinner. That's what he's out there to do!

Good luck with your new private fishing hole!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks Tom!

I have fished the sound and the Hampton Bays - beautiful part of the country. Of course it was August when I was there.

The best pan fishing ever was upstate around Schaghticoke.

1 lb sunfish and bluegill.

Get out and do it B5!!

In your state I have fished for muskies in Munising, Marquet and all around the U.P. on our way to Canada. Sault Saint Marie locks were amazing.

My father fishes a lot in the bay here on Lawn Guyland.

He always follows the "keep" rules, though they are getting so stringent that it is discouraging. But he keeps what he can, and enjoys bringing home dinner. That's what he's out there to do!

Good luck with your new private fishing hole!

Tom

Och! The keeper rules on the Striped Bass are ridiculous. You have to catch a striper that's nearly as big as your boat in order to keep the damned thing.

Nice fish, Moot!

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Please, define "Laugh"... oh, my...

...and the neck is soooo beautiful... poor baby.

Brought to you by Juancarlin.

www.juancarlinmusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/JuanCarlinMusic

www.facebook.com/JuanCarlinMusic

Instagram: @JuanCarlinMusic

Holy cow! :o And only $390. Gee, where's my checkbook...

Some people do some damn goofy things (shakes head).

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

So on the 30th of march I tried to get in to the army. I went to a place called ADSC Army Development Selection Center.

I was doing everything fine, dong as i was told and stuff. But befor the 1 1/2 (yeah only 1/12 miles!!!) timed run my knee buggerd up.

It decided to hurt, so instead of doing it in under 10 mins I did it in 11 mins 55 secs! :( My bad knee really set me back.

Sadly my knee hasnt got better and the Dr said my thigh muscle is unballanced. I dont have a clue how to balance it out.

Maybe go to a car work shop and see if they can put some weights on to help it :P

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Karl - sounds like medical help is needed. Did the doctor prescribe physical therapy? did he want you to see an orthopedist?

Best of luck!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

It can't be that bad. Moot's been unbalanced for years! Oh, your thigh muscle...

You're a thigh muscle.

damn it moot you beat me to it!

Well he wanted me to do leg weights to try make that part of my thigh stronger but im worried I might unbalance it even more. He told me ot come back in two weeks time and if it isnt beter he will send me to phisical theropy. Which I don't want to do. I don't trust Dr's

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

I don't trust Dr's

I hope you don't get into a car crash or something where you really need one....that will be very bad.

You need to figure out how to deal with the medical community. It isn't easy (and I don't know anything about the system in your country). You need to weigh what they say, get other opinions, do some of your own research, etc. But to discount every doctor isn't a good way to live. And doing some exercises isn't much of a risk. Physical therapy may not be everyone's idea of medicine, but it's usually pretty harmless. It's not surgery, not drugs.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Do your homework Skippy - be proactive.

Look that stuff up and see what others are saying. You can't be the only one with that condition.

My guess is they will have you swim and weight train.

If it doesn't work maybe you can get the same prescription they gave me - single malt scotch and hashish.