Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Name my band!

Well to me "project" smacks of avant garde bleeding-edge music. Which, as that isn't my taste in music, would put me off right from the start. (Or maybe I've been watching too much of the prog-rock stuff on TV this week!)

As for Lyveden - what would I google?

"What did that guy say at the gig? Let's try... Liveden?"

"Nope..."

"Lived in?"

"Nah..."

"Live den?"

"Nada..."

"Oh to hell with it, let's go to the movies instead."

Mind you, I'm in no position to criticise anyone else's band name...

Cheers

Graham

PS: There's a band with a name I wish I'd thought of: "For one night only".

www.talkingstrawberries.com - for rocking' blues, raw and fresh!

I know that some band members are fond of 'The Lyveden Project' and it does have a certain mystery. Do you think it would be a handicap to have that name in the google age?

Yes. I remember a band from Wales in the early 80's. They had a minor UK hit with a song called Doot Doot. They're name was originally relatively unpronouncable and was "spelled" as a graphic spiral squiggle (art school kids, what can I tell ya?). They eventually settled on the name Freur which isn't much better.

How about Easy Pieces. That was my old band name from a quarter century ago. Very unlikely I'll ever need it again.

Push the button Frank.

How 'bout something cocky?

We Crush All Comers (a.k.a., WeCAC)

You Don't Wanna Play After Us (a.k.a., Yo Dow Pau)

Ain't Yo Mamma's Opening Band (a.k.a., Ay Mob)

Peace.

--s-uu

PS: I do like Boiled Football Leather quite a bit.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Another question.

How important do you think it is that the name is easily spellable and googleable?

I know that some band members are fond of 'The Lyveden Project' and it does have a certain mystery. Do you think it would be a handicap to have that name in the google age?

It shouldn't matter too much, you just add all the different spellings you can think of to your HTML headers of your website. They're just some code that the search engines spot and not seen by people viewing the site. Having a weird spelling would probably be better as it would be fairly unique and come up high in any searches.

Probably be in 8 out of 10 on the first page! WOW!!!!!

We give out business cards with the web address on them anyway. We sometimes put cards out on the bar or tables.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Just pick a title of a film noir movie.

Foreign Correspondent

Sunset Boulevard

Touch Of Evil

Strangers on a Train

Night of the Hunter

Ace in the Hole

Thieves Highway

Body and Soul

Leave Her to Heaven

Narrow Margin

The Set-Up

Well, you get the idea.

Push the button Frank.

I don't wanna kill this thread (butcherNburn is trying relentlessly, but people keep posting :grin:) but have you considered keeping the name (I like The Lyveden Project - much like fungus, it grow on you) and just spending some money towards a backdrop with the band's name? Throw in a www and a dot com and you're set :thu:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Myspace/google shouldn't be a concern. In my neck of the woods there is a local band by the name of Awful Waffle. There are other bands by this name in other parts of the country (none of them are famous.) that go by this title. They added visit us at myspace Awful Waffle NJ. Pick a band name add UK or London to the end of the internet adress and people will find it.

I like getz's submission for Punching Donkeys

"there ain't no faux mojo" jcadmus