Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Went to this live show a couple weeks back...awesome show!!
#1991181 09/14/08 03:28 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I'm another of the UMGD "silly twit" army that loves to ram crappy bands down your throat.

Last edited by A String; 09/15/08 08:06 AM. Reason: Spammer
GP Island
Re: Went to this live show a couple weeks back...awesome show!!
maryjstar89 #1991217 09/14/08 09:51 AM
20k Club
20k Club
I almost hate to admit it, but it's been over a year since I went to a live show! Doesn't seem possible...

I take that back; I have seen a few small-time local bar-bands recently enough, but I wasn't as thrilled as I would've liked. Gotta give 'em their due just for getting out and playing, though, and they all had their moments...

The last real act that I caught live was the Derek Trucks Band, and they were positively smokin'! Fantastic players all, and their singer's got some serious pipes. The classic sounds that their keyboard player put out were worth the price of admission alone. And of course, Derek's guitar playing is just beautific!

Live music is great; especially, of course, if the band is good. I actually prefer hearing live music that I may not have ever heard before, it's more interesting than song after song that I've memorized by that point...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _
Caevan O'Shite #1991459 09/14/08 11:44 PM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Hi Mary, I'm sure you have nothing to with the band, and just happened to see them a fortnight before the disc is released, and felt compelled to register on every internet forum available.

Quote:
anyone else have some exciting stories to tell about their experiences at a live show?

The best one was when this smoking hot girl named Diana was screaming and waving a lighter in the air to pump up the crowd while I played this song at a club gig. She never did sleep with me though. \:\(

Like the way I used your thread to spam my music too?

Billster #1991491 09/15/08 01:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yeah - Motley Crue in 99 or so. My soon to be ex-wife screaming at the top of her lungs and tugging on her top as Tommy Lee dropped his pants...

Scars that never cover...

Terrell #1991630 09/15/08 12:58 PM
10k Club
10k Club
Recently? Well, a friend of mine who is a local reed player and has serious session cred on harp has a few bands he either plays with or created. The latest is Otto, something of an experimental quartet featuring Jim Hoke (my friend) on steel guitar (a relatively recent instrument for Jim), his son Austin on cello, and two wonderful musicians I've only met in passing on vibraphone and sax/clarinet. (Both of them are fantastic musicians.) Jim also plays a minuscule amount of harpsichord on a few tunes.

I went to see their CD release party at a local coffee shop a few weeks back and was really taken by the original and covers of some interesting stuff. They've covered two Zappa tunes and some 1940's Warner Bros. cartoon music among other great songs. The concert was wonderful.. but too short!

As for interesting stuff happening at live concerts, my experiences are rather tame by comparison. There was the time when I was out with Lila McCann that she talked the monitor engineer for Neil McCoy (the headliner) into letting her play some Cartman-talking electronic toy (as in Southpark) into their in-ear monitors while Neil attempted to sing a heartfelt love song! \:D Eventually he had to stop the song, explain to the audience why the band was cracking up and play the output of his IEM into the vocal mic. After feeding back into everybody's IEM's the monitor engineer cut the monitors so the audience could hear it crackling through his mic.

Tame, but priceless!

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick
fntstcsnd

Link Copied to Clipboard