Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

StagePAS 400 and 600

I currently have a pair of ZXA1s used primarily for my jazz piano gigs with occasional flute and vocals added, for which I add a small mixer to the setup. Years ago I used a StagePAS 500, which was easier to setup, heavier, and as I vaguely remember, muddier on the low end than the ZXA1s. They were also more balanced on the speaker stand; the ZXA1s are ridiculously prone to tipping forward.

Has anyone any experience with the StagePAS 400 or 600 for acoustic piano?

CA93, MODX8, YC88, K8.2

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a StagePas 300. I highly recommend it for keyboards. At least half the time, I am playing acoustic piano patches on my Motif. I still own a QSC K10, which I use when I need more power, but I prefer the StagePas. Advantage for keyboards is that it is stereo, easy to carry. I host a weekly open mic, so it is not uncommon to use all channels on the mixer. The gigs that I play are usually smaller rooms, where people want to enjoy the music, but hold conversations. It works really well for that.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

• 1 year later...