Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#198314 08/05/03 07:42 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by LindseyR:

I am not her, so you won't be humbling me if you post here.
if you can name someone is better then her at this many things..please do so..She needs humbling.
:p
Oh stop it! Just admit it! You are her! Stop trying to play us. Stop hiding behind your mask.

By the way, music and art are NOT a competition to see who's best or fastest or most prolific.
Now YOU are the one who is cheapening art... Hmmmmmm.
Art is what it is. A window to the soul -the essence of the artist. It speaks on many levels. Some are very candid and intimate. Some are not -that's okay, it's still vital.

Sound, Studio, and Stage Island
#198315 08/05/03 02:52 PM
First, there was...

Quote:
quote:
I discovered this musician who claims that most of us are low level talents and not worth selling our music for more then ten cents or ten bucks..
Then, all of a sudden...

Quote:
I am a very good friend of Marissa
No, that's not a gaping inconsistency...
That's a pretty quick time to "become" good friends. You are quite credible.

You, too, can support the mushrooms in their relentless struggle against the awful broccoli!
#198316 08/05/03 03:21 PM
W
10k Club
10k Club
W
Quote:
please listen to green tea ..the demo..and nevermind..to hear her instrumental abilities on two instruments..wow..and her singing...wow...please send Marissa a email to humble her, if you can name a person who is that good at that many things..humble her if you can.

I am not her, so you won't be humbling me if you post here.
but write her management Eres ..freakvox@yahoo.com
if you can name someone is better then her at this many things..please do so..She needs humbling.
:p
I guess you subscribe to that old saying "any publicty is good publicity". I think you may have reached the point where bad publicity is just bad publicity.

#198317 08/05/03 03:43 PM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Hey, I'm willing to buy a CD for 100... eek (Estonian krones). But after listening to some examples (and reading: "404 Error -- File Not Found" while trying to download a few others) I came to conclusion that Marissa's music is not my cup of tea. Sorry!

*) 1.00 USD = 13.50 EEK

I am back.
#198318 08/05/03 03:53 PM
W
10k Club
10k Club
W
I'll tell ya what though. You might be able to sell some kind of "added value" package for a new artist, for $100.00. For instance, for $100.00 you might get a CD, a Video, membership to a fan club with a newsletter, personal correspondence from the artist, reduced rate to concerts, etc., etc.

Nobody in their right mind is going to buy a CD for $100.00 from anybody, that's just foolish.

So you put together some great, amazing package for that $100.00, and if the artist has the musical chops to back it up, enough people might go for it to make it worthwhile. That thing Marissa has going on her website has got to be a joke. Unless she's going to have sex with me after I buy the CD, no dice. Monkey Funster, I think I just dislocated my bacon sandwich,.........again!

Also, it's bad form, to insult your fans or potential fans. The prevailing attitude of Marissa's website is "Everybody is stupid and they suck, now give me your money." That's probably not going to work.

#198319 08/05/03 04:19 PM
Music is supposed to be for everyone, not just those willing to forward the $100; it is something that is within reach for the common man. Does someone who can afford that $100 deserve music more than a homeless guy? A true artist would care about the music for its own sake, and not need to charge such an outlandish fee. I understand that musicians need to pay the bills, etc. but there is a reasonable limit. Similar thoughts to this have been expressed, but... if you charge $100 for a CD, why stop there? Go on to a grand or two. Hmm, still not enough, let's go into the hundreds of thousands...if your idol/you were truly an amazing talented artist, you would be more concerned over expressing your ideas to others than how much money you can rake in.

You, too, can support the mushrooms in their relentless struggle against the awful broccoli!
#198320 08/06/03 12:39 AM
L
OP Offline
L
:p please listen to green tea ..the demo..and nevermind..to hear her instrumental abilities on two instruments..wow..and her singing...wow...please send Marissa a email to humble her, if you can name a person who is that good at that many things..humble her if you can.

this is just a tiny bit of what this tremendous talent can do. They are now selling nothing but burger king specials. these people have such limited abilities, and everyone is out of reality.
This is what a real genius sounds like..just a small amount of it.
If anyone is that talented, please tell Marissa about it, it may humble her. this is her managements email. freakvox@yahoo.com

She is more gifted and versitile then anyone they have ever signed as a singer songwriter..only because they are censoring what we are exposed to.

#198321 08/06/03 01:04 AM
Quote:
:p please listen to green tea ..the demo..and nevermind..to hear her instrumental abilities on two instruments..wow..and her singing...wow...please send Marissa a email to humble her, if you can name a person who is that good at that many things..humble her if you can.

this is just a tiny bit of what this tremendous talent can do. They are now selling nothing but burger king specials. these people have such limited abilities, and everyone is out of reality.
This is what a real genius sounds like..just a small amount of it.
If anyone is that talented, please tell Marissa about it, it may humble her. this is her managements email. freakvox@yahoo.com

She is more gifted and versitile then anyone they have ever signed as a singer songwriter..only because they are censoring what we are exposed to.
Lady...Get over yourself..It's clear you have no ear for music whatsoever. Green Tea has problems. Marissa has BAD timing issues, floating faster and slower...She is slurring her words, and her vocal technique leaves much to be desired. Her Piano playing also needs much work. This is obviuos stuff here that anyone can here that i know.

Sean Michael Mormelo
http://www.seanmmormelo.com
#198322 08/06/03 03:44 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Heard Green Tea. It sucked. \:\)

#198323 08/06/03 04:36 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Marissa thinks that she has more talent then anyone singersong writer that has ever been signed.
if you can mention one artist who can sing as well as her, and play the piano as well...and then play the guitar this well too...
please email her pronto.
She needs humility. I have never heard of anyone...but if you know of someone that good at that many things..please contact their management...
freakvox@yahoo.com Eres may not answer..but if you can mention a person who exceeds her..if may bring her down to earth..
if you can do that...
I know for a fact that she doesn't have serious limitations like alot of artists in the mainstream industry..
read her bio. :p \:D

#198324 08/06/03 04:50 AM
W
10k Club
10k Club
W
So according to you Marissa is the only person in the world with any talent. Don't get out much, huh?

Your posts sound like some kind of an automated response system. You keep saying the same thing over and over. BTW, you suck.

#198325 08/06/03 04:51 AM
B
B
I think LindseyR may actually be some grad student's thesis. An odd sort of software. I've suspected as much about other posters in the past, but this one seems to have added new... ummm... features. It's not bad, but the grammar and myopia still make it a bit cumbersome. Maybe I'll buy into version 3.

Brian Peet
#198326 08/06/03 04:57 AM
B
B
Wow, that's pretty cool. I've been lurking on this board for months, read god knows how many thousands of posts, and my first contribution expresses a very similar thought had almost simultaneously by TheWewus. That's a good thing, IMO.

I guess I've officially joined the board. Unfortunately, I don't type fast enought to reach 10,000 posts any time soon...

Brian Peet
#198327 08/06/03 05:04 AM
W
10k Club
10k Club
W
Yeah Brian, maybe LindseyR is just some kind of bug in the UBB software, or a virus. Maybe we could get them to reformatt their drives or something, to make it stop.

#198328 08/06/03 05:05 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
please email her pronto.
She needs humility.
What is your fucking point? Why don't YOU email her!!?? Why do you want US to do it? Are you trying to scam us to get our email addresses or something? And why go through her so-called 'management'? Why not contact her directly? You aren't making any sense!

You aren't responding to what other people here are saying! You keep repeating the same line over and over again.

Here's the deal: If you want to talk music and discuss how you feel about the state of music today, then fine -welcome aboard. If you are just here to relentlessly spam us with hype about Marissa and how we need to listen to her demos, you are going to get booted from this forum and your threads will be deleted.

We've put up with plenty from you already. We have a special thread for showcasing music that we use -and that YOU SHOULD HAVE USED. Most people who pull that kind of crap here don't last very long.

You need to show a little respect here and stop trying to play us for idiots.

You seriously need to reply to this with your intentions.

#198329 08/06/03 05:09 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I got one for you - Laura Love released 4 CDs on her own label before going to Mercury Records for 2 more, and subsequently issued 2 more on indie labels. That's 8 CDs to none.

Her current tour itinerary has 26 dates booked though the end of the year, instead of a rant about why she's not playing out.

The sample song on her site may not be the best showcase of her voice, but I've heard her sing - I mixed her band at the Chico World Music Festival several years ago, and the girl's got serious vocal game - and she plays bass.

Oh, and before you just dismiss the song she has posted as McMusic, you should read this - there's real meaning behind it.

Look, Lindsey - I think you shoulda figured it out by now that, while most everyone on this thread thinks Marissa has some talent, it appears that the majority opinion is that her examples of this talent do not bear out the praise that you feel so compelled to lavish upon her, nor the opinions of herself that she puts forward on her website.

If you think she's the greatest thing since oxygen, then fine - send her $100 bucks, get your limited edition CD whenever it comes out, and continue to love her from afar as long as your girlfriend tolerates it. But save your breath (and what's left of your dignity) and let it drop, already.

#198330 08/06/03 05:12 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Super 8:
By the way, music and art [and posts on internet forums-ed:stranger] are NOT a competition to see who's best or fastest or most prolific.
Art is what it is. A window to the soul -the essence of the artist. It speaks on many levels. Some are very candid and intimate. Some are not -that's okay, it's still vital.

Great post! I edited it for insults, too! I think I'll go back and edit mine, too. Cunt was pretty harsh. Since I feel somewhat guilty after having to endure ernest's post a few times. \:D

#198331 08/06/03 05:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member
Hmmmm. And it seems that this manager of hers, Eres Garcia has a very similar tone to Lindsey...

Date Posted: 19:55:41 07/06/03 Sun
Author: eres garcia
Subject: Geniuses, do you know of any, here is one!@!

Here is a exceptional talent. She can't get signed she is very beautiful, a genius and plays every style of music.
and sings it very well.
She isn't crude and vulgar,and doesn't curse in her music.
So she can't get a deal.
her standards are too high. if you value high standards in the arts, here is rare find..

http://www.voy.com/75343/60.html

#198332 08/06/03 05:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member
And can anyone translate this message from "Eres Garcia" and response?

Je suis désolé que je ne fais pas partie de la culture populaire vulgarian. Je suis désolé que je ne maudis pas dans ma musique. Je suis désolé qu'il n'y a aucune peau et des vidéos nus. Je suis désolé qu'il y a des chansons fortes et créatrices. Je suis désolé qu'il y a quelque raffinage(raffinement) là. Si cela vous dérange, allez s'il vous plaît et achetez aux artistes d'étiquette principaux. Si vous pensez que je suis snob, excellent, tourne le canal. Je charge cent dollars un cd, parce que les gens dans ce pays estiment seulement de l'argent. Ils ne pensent pas que l'art est de valeur. J'obtiens un bébé petrof grand après tout. C'est un piano très haut de gamme. Les gens à cette terre estiment que c'est prétentieux à en haut le niveau de pensée de masse de culture pop. On considère quelqu'un qui veut lever les standards snob. Chacun veut se vautrer dans les mêmes standards bas. C'est beaucoup plus facile pour eux de ne pas avoir de hauts standards. Quand les gens sont mentalement paresseux, ils acceptent des standards de culture pop. Les gens doivent devenir des penseurs originaux.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
http://www.marissamarchant.com/music.html
----------------------------------

Tu te sens bien?
Car tu commences à poster ton message partout et ça devient lourd voir agaçant...

CLAP! CLAP!
Modo! Un peu d'ordre ici!
Je suis Sherlock Holmes et Xenon_54

http://javascript.gigniac.com/ejs/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=23721&forum=13&1

#198333 08/06/03 05:53 AM
E
Gold Member
Gold Member
E
The time you waste...so many of you posters...calling each other names...including myself...if you have a problem, email me at my address...no reason to spread the hate...the wate of time...get back to living...get off line.

I don`t respond to every thread, if any. Theres no point in trying to justify ones opinion for such a non life changing event such as this thread.

Peace,
Ernest

#198334 08/06/03 07:16 AM
:rolleyes:

#198335 08/06/03 08:44 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Hanshananigan:
And can anyone translate this message from "Eres Garcia" and response?

Je suis désolé que je ne fais pas partie de la culture populaire vulgarian. Je suis désolé que je ne maudis pas dans ma musique. Je suis désolé qu'il n'y a aucune peau et des vidéos nus. Je suis désolé qu'il y a des chansons fortes et créatrices. Je suis désolé qu'il y a quelque raffinage(raffinement) là. Si cela vous dérange, allez s'il vous plaît et achetez aux artistes d'étiquette principaux. Si vous pensez que je suis snob, excellent, tourne le canal. Je charge cent dollars un cd, parce que les gens dans ce pays estiment seulement de l'argent. Ils ne pensent pas que l'art est de valeur. J'obtiens un bébé petrof grand après tout. C'est un piano très haut de gamme. Les gens à cette terre estiment que c'est prétentieux à en haut le niveau de pensée de masse de culture pop. On considère quelqu'un qui veut lever les standards snob. Chacun veut se vautrer dans les mêmes standards bas. C'est beaucoup plus facile pour eux de ne pas avoir de hauts standards. Quand les gens sont mentalement paresseux, ils acceptent des standards de culture pop. Les gens doivent devenir des penseurs originaux.
Let me see if I got this right, my French is a bit musty...

"I am sorry that I am unpopular and vulgar. I am sorry that I hide from reality in my music. I am sorry that I have poor skin and am naked in my videos. I am self deluded in believing that there are strong and creative songs. I am sorry that there is some narcissism there. If that disturbs you, please find my address and throw rocks at my house. If you think that I am snob, I am actually possessed of a massive personality disorder. I charge hundred dollars Cd, because people in this country charge much for psychiatrist. They were not putting enough pennies in my guitar case. I obtain a large baby pacifier after all. It is a very top-of-the-range piano. For the love of god I barely understand how to play it. One considers me as somebody who wants to consistently sing flat. It is much easier for them to accept me as out of tune goddess. When people are mentally lazy, they delude themselves into thinking that they have something to offer pop culture. I am in the market for a cock slave. People must become original thinkers. I can't get enough poop to fill my tummy."

----------------------------
Phil Mann
http://www.wideblacksky.com
#198336 08/06/03 08:47 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Break the mold, people!

----------------------------
Phil Mann
http://www.wideblacksky.com
#198337 08/06/03 03:47 PM
Here, let me try too (this one is a literal translation)...

"Je suis désolé que je ne fais pas partie de la culture populaire vulgarian."
I am sorry that I am not a member of vulgar pop culture.

"Je suis désolé que je ne maudis pas dans ma musique."
I am sorry that I do not curse in my music.

"Je suis désolé qu'il n'y a aucune peau et des vidéos nus."
I am sorry that I don't show my body in music videos.

"Je suis désolé qu'il y a des chansons fortes et créatrices."
I am sorry that my songs are strong and creative.

"Je suis désolé qu'il y a quelque raffinage(raffinement) là."
I am sorry that there is some refinement here.

"Si cela vous dérange, allez s'il vous plaît et achetez aux artistes d'étiquette principaux."
If that disturbs you, please go and buy artists with conventional behavior.

"Si vous pensez que je suis snob, excellent, tourne le canal."
If you think I am a snob, fine, change the channel.

"Je charge cent dollars un cd, parce que les gens dans ce pays estiment seulement de l'argent."
I charge $100 a cd, because people in this country value only money.

"Ils ne pensent pas que l'art est de valeur."
They do not think that art is valuable.

"J'obtiens un bébé petrof grand après tout."
I will obtain a baby grand Petrof (piano) after all.

"C'est un piano très haut de gamme."
It's a very confident piano. (sort of lost in translation)

"Les gens à cette terre estiment que c'est prétentieux à en haut le niveau de pensée de masse de culture pop."
The people of this earth think it is pretentious and arrogrant to think above pop culture.

"On considère quelqu'un qui veut lever les standards snob."
Someone who wants to raise the standards is considered a snob.

"Chacun veut se vautrer dans les mêmes standards bas."
Everyone wants to wallow in the same low standards.

"C'est beaucoup plus facile pour eux de ne pas avoir de hauts standards."
It's much easier for them to not have high standards.

"Quand les gens sont mentalement paresseux, ils acceptent des standards de culture pop."
When people are intellectually lazy, they accept the standards of pop culture.

"Les gens doivent devenir des penseurs originaux."
People ought to become independent thinkers.

Well, that was my try. I'm surprised four years of French actually was worth anything.

(Edit: it was harder to read before.)

#198338 08/06/03 04:05 PM
W
10k Club
10k Club
W
Quote:
Originally posted by ernest828@aol.com:
The time you waste...so many of you posters...calling each other names...including myself...if you have a problem, email me at my address...no reason to spread the hate...the wate of time...get back to living...get off line.

I don`t respond to every thread, if any. Theres no point in trying to justify ones opinion for such a non life changing event such as this thread.

Peace,
Ernest
If you don't want to participate in this thread, why don't you NOT participate, instead of writing posts that say, "I am now not participating". You are participating. You sat down, you thought about what to say, and you wasted time writing what you did, yet you somehow think you're better than everyone else. I must send your manager e-mails to try and humble you.

#198339 08/06/03 04:42 PM
S
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
S
Quote:
Originally posted by ernest828@aol.com:

Peace,
Ernest
Why do you even come here?

I really don't know what to put here.
#198340 08/06/03 06:58 PM
T
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
T
Ok I've got a question. without hearing any of the music. Who would pay 100 dollars for anything in 16bit 44k format??? Maybe if it was an absolutely superb recording in SACD or DVD audio format with a big wide soundstage and pinpoint imaging it would be possibly worth it. But it would take an idiot to pay that kind of money for a CD that you couldn't play in a 50,000 dollar audio system and smile.

Reach out and grab a clue.

Something Vicious
My solo crap
#198341 08/06/03 10:10 PM
J
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
J
What a snobby delusional bitch she must be.

#198342 08/07/03 01:14 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I have written eres and marissa, and they didn't just give out details about how many cds she has sold.
I am sure with that voice she has sold cds.
, and I am sure people would pay that much money for a cd. I just gave a donation and got a single.
I can't afford 100 dollars right now, and want to see what else she has done..Maybe in the future.
she is working on four new cd's at one time..
34 songs.
But being rich is no proof of anything.
big numbers impress stupid people. 100 dollars in not that much for great art.
But Mc.donolds does impress some people, so does burger king..and KFC. these places are rich.
Does that mean they are worth something >>>>>NO> \:D

#198343 08/07/03 01:21 AM
W
10k Club
10k Club
W
Ok, here's the deal. I carry a lot of tools around with me. If I ever see Marissa playing anywhere, I'm going to take my insulated cutters in, and cut the power cable going to her PA, just for the hell of it.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Anderton 

Link Copied to Clipboard