Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#198254 08/02/03 11:40 PM
D
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
D
Quote:
Originally posted by LindseyR:
Well I came back for a little while. I am a lover of phenomenal vocals.
I listen to everything.
I listen to music from all over the world.
I listen to some oldies too.
I am impressed with people who have phenomenal vocal mainly.
full bands are great. but if someone can sound great alone that means they have serious talent.
These people need so much behind them to impress people.
I look for lush beauty.
When I listen to music, I look for a fantastic voice. Sometimes I will look for a fantastic instrumentalist.
but the human voice can be very moving.
None of the singers they are promoting has lush beauty.
None of them.
Streisand, Vaughn, Rondstandt sometimes,
these singers had lush rich and gorgeous voices.
Marissa is a rare find.
None of these women right now, or in the last twenty years have a voice this good.
Where are the great singers?
these singers sound like nothing special.
the most impressive thing about musicians is their special quality.
I am not impressed with the garbage singers of today.
they don't have beauty in their voices.
Yes, she is pretty too, but that isn't what I was looking at. My girlfriend is my true love, not Marissa. I love guitarists, unusual instrumentalist from across the globe, but vocals are something that really moves me. Especially the female voice.
My goodness.
Say Lindsey, you don't have access to firearms, do you?
Aye caramba!

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.
https://www.abandoned-film.com
Sound, Studio, and Stage Island
#198255 08/02/03 11:43 PM
A
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
A
Now Tedster, I went and listened to Nanette's tune because of it's name. The name of the first song that my team is doing is "Howl's at the Moon" which makes reference throughout the song to a Timber Wolf. I had to check this tune out for obvious reasons.

Nanette did a nice job, very pretty voice and well delivered performance all around. However, throughout listening to the song, I couldn't help but think about your thread about "TREES" just recently. \:D CUT 'EM ALL DOWN!!! You didn't happen to run across this song while finding Green Peace over your obnoxious neighbor cutting the Sweet Gum did you?

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"
#198256 08/03/03 12:55 AM
D
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
D
Tedster, you made the Listener's Quotes page on Nanette's website. Way to go. A very nice review.

I've heard her stuff & do like it, especially The Timber Cries. It gets played out here on one of the Public Radio Stations shows on Saturday mornings.
If you haven't yet, look at the Mercy video. Very nice work.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...
#198257 08/03/03 01:38 AM
Quote:
I think what it is, is that they lump all these musicians in the same box, and sell all the music at basically the same very low price. But who sings like this and writes music on both guitar and piano like this? No one.
No one that I know.
She is better then all the people that are signed.
I gave her a donation.
She might be a snob and think that she is great., but then shouldn't artists have self esteem, or should they walk around with their heads down and look like something the cat dragged in? I thought about this last evening, I don't think that she is crazy.
I think that the world of commericalism is crazy. :p Listen to Green Tea, and then listen to nevermind and El Sol Que tu Eres,
No one is as good as this who is signed. They sign junk.
That is why they sell it at such a low price.
Her voice is obviously better then paula cole, alanis, sarah, tori, kate bush, norah jones etc..
She has much more quality and depth to her writing. They can't play numbers of instruments and sing like this. I wonder what else she can do. Some people are sleeping? I am not one of them.
Lindsey...I think you must be a friend of hers or you have shit for ears..I just listened to Green Tea and Can't bring myself to listen to any more...First off, her piano playing is horrible and there are severe time shifting issues. The voice and piano together sound disconnected...Her singing is really really bad...TOO operatic on the vibrato and ZERO diction...Can't make out a word she sings..She is slurring all over the place..Sure, she is on key though..I'll give that..The song is disjointed and amateurish........This is a demo and i'm sure the sound is messed up and to be fair, i listed to some other tunes and they don't sound as bad.. \:\)

Sean Michael Mormelo
http://www.seanmmormelo.com
#198258 08/03/03 01:53 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I think you guys need to check out my latest album.
It's called : "Nigerian coffee table music for the dumb"
It sells at Amazon for $1,500,000 but you get a re-mix cd done by Wewus for free.
We only have three copies so hurry people!!!

Boosh

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtr
#198259 08/03/03 01:58 AM
W
10k Club
10k Club
W
I usually get a $1,000,000.00, and a big bag of crack for a job like that. The 1.5 mil is for the CD alone, the re-mix is extra. Just want to make that clear.

#198260 08/03/03 02:03 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by TheWewus:
I usually get a $1,000,000.00, and a big bag of crack for a job like that. The 1.5 mil is for the CD alone, the re-mix is extra. Just want to make that clear.
Even better,I thought 500,000 for my shit was well paid,allready calculated the remix to be 1 mil.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtr
#198261 08/03/03 03:03 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I am mainly an artist. I deal mostly in the fine arts.
I understand what she is saying. I play music and make cds of no value. but I am a talented artist. I don't think that anyone here would be interested so I am not going to show my work. I believe that all artists are being pressured to become commerical garbage. Artists are becoming lazy because they feel that no one cares.
A small group of people value high art.
Some artists develop themselves, others don't.
I respect artists who really care about the quality of their work.
People should support this level of art.
:p

#198262 08/03/03 03:10 AM
D
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
D
Quote:

I play music and make cds of no value. but I am a talented artist. I don't think that anyone here would be interested so I am not going to show my work.
:p
I don't believe you. Many of us would really like to hear what you have recorded...

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...
#198263 08/03/03 03:15 AM
B
Gold Member
Gold Member
B
Can I record some bowel movements , burn to CD, and sell? That's art isn't it

This chick is playin us all, cause most of us went to the site. Self important pseudo talent such as Marissa/Lindsey makes me laugh.

Hey, Lindsey. My band has sold approximately 20,000 copies of our 3 CDs. It cost us about a buck to make em, and we sell em for about 9 or 10 bucks. We're laughing all the way to the bank. We have played across the country, both coasts. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, besides post some poetry that could have been written by a c- literature major at a community college, and babble about how much 'garbage' is out in the industry. Guess what. Some of the people who made this music are proud of it. Unless you've listened to EVERY release by EVERY band this year, I don't think that you can really say its all garbage.

When you actually get some gigs, or a clue, or both, you can judge the rest of us who work damn hard at what we do.

Your music is not Filet Mignon. More like Carls Jr or Jack in the Box.... I got your burger king right here

"You can't enjoy yourself unless you're having fun."
#198264 08/03/03 03:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Quote:
a small group of people value high art.
Yuhuh. Regardless of wether or not what she does can be called "art", A large group of people can't afford $100 per disk. People have bills to pay, families to feed.

I sell my CDs for $10.00 a piece. If can can make a profit of $5.00 off of each CD I sell, I'm happy. Do I think this devalues my music? Nope. I've given quite a few CDs away. Does this make my music worthless? Not at all. It's not about money. Never really has been.

At some point, I'd like to make a living exclusively through writing and performing music. Why alienate potential fans by slapping some exorbitant price tag on what I do?

Self-esteem is one thing. Outright lunacy is quite another.

#198265 08/03/03 04:05 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Anifa:
You didn't happen to run across this song while finding Green Peace over your obnoxious neighbor cutting the Sweet Gum did you?
No, actually, I think I found it before the whole neighborhood debacle with trees started. And, actually, in her bio, it says she wrote the song after hearing of the death of one of her friends' boyfriends, who happened to be a lumberjack. Or something like that. Actually, the whole song just hit me, actually, it hit me really hard, in a good and necessary way...because I happened to be going through some grief at the time. I kinda bonded with the tune.

Dak, yeah, I saw that. I can't tell you how honored I am to think that she used my quote on her website.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"
#198266 08/03/03 04:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quote:
Originally posted by DC:
What I like is the fact that she'll let you order the complete set of four for three bills, but they aren't recorded yet?!

Marissa Marchant's Futures Market Plan Condemned
Mon Jul 28,11:16 PM ET

By KEN SHANANIGAN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Pop-Deva Marissa Marchant is setting up a stock-market style system in which investors would bet on world-shaking events, such as when, if ever, her next three CDs will be released. Supporters hope to gain intelligent and talented, "gourmet-style" music while investors who guessed right would win profits.

Two Democratic Senators demanded Monday the project be stopped before investors begin registering this week. "The idea of a betting parlor on such atrocities is ridiculous and it's grotesque," Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., said.

The FCC office overseeing the program, called the Policy Analysis Market, said it was part of a research effort "to investigate the broadest possible set of new ways to prevent musicians topping the charts who "can't play numbers of instruments and sing like this."

The market would work this way. Investors would buy and sell futures contracts essentially a series of predictions about what they believe might happen with the yet-released Marissa Marchant CDs. Holders of a futures contract that came true would collect well-crafted music as well as the proceeds of investors who put money into the market but predicted wrong.

A graphic on the market's Web page showed hypothetical futures contracts in which investors could trade on the likelihood that Marchant would shoot for the pre-Christmas release market, release a monster triple-LP in the Spring, or take time off her grueling recording and tour schedule to enjoy family life with her child and girlfriend, also a local amateur musician.

Although the Web site described the Policy Analysis Market as "a market in the future of music," the graphic also included the possibility of a North Korea missile attack "pre-empting the project."

That graphic was apparently removed from the Web site hours after the news conference in which Wyden and fellow Democratic Sen. Byron Dorgan (news, bio, voting record) of North Dakota criticizing the market.

Dorgan described it as useless, offensive and "unbelievably stupid."

"Can you imagine if another country set up a betting parlor so that people could go in ... and bet on the assassination of Simon Cowell or the overthrow of BMG?" he said.

#198267 08/03/03 04:37 AM
L
OP Offline
L
is there is any men here who are a geniuses? Do you play the guitar and sing and play piano as well as Marissa?
Is there any men here who are as smart as marissa? besides myself?
I doubt it. Marissa will probably be rich someday.
If you are as gifted as Marissa, can you post your music now..and let me hear your vocals, your multi strumental abilities and everything..just curious? I doubt that any of you are real artists.
Or are you convinced that Mc.donolds music is cool if it is sold at ten bucks?

#198268 08/03/03 04:53 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I guess there is no comment. So I guess you are not that bright.
I am out of here. this was my first post.
If anyone here is as talented as this girl, I am sure that they would be supportive of her. Anyone who is inferior to her intellectually would not be supportive and say stupid things.
I am a very brilliant man. I don't cast my pearls before swine and losers. bye now.

#198269 08/03/03 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hanshananigan:

or take time off her grueling recording and tour schedule to enjoy family life with her child and girlfriend, also a local amateur musician.
LOL!! \:D

The entire post was genius

Am Ende Steht Der Sieg
#198270 08/03/03 04:59 AM
Quote:
I guess there is no comment. So I guess you are not that bright.
I am out of here. this was my first post.
If anyone here is as talented as this girl, I am sure that they would be supportive of her. Anyone who is inferior to her intellectually would not be supportive and say stupid things.
I am a very brilliant man. I don't cast my pearls before swine and losers. bye now.
Error 418, Overflow: The number of possible sarcasms exceeded Maximum Virtual Memory

Am Ende Steht Der Sieg
#198271 08/03/03 05:00 AM
D
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
D
Quote:
is there is any men here who are a geniuses?
There is & we is all geniuses, and the women too.
Do you play the guitar and sing and play piano as well as Marissa?
All of us, including the rank beginners.
Is there any men here who are as smart as marissa? besides myself?

Read a couple of lines above, There is & we is all smarter & better looking, and the women too.
I doubt it. Marissa will probably be rich someday.

Probably not. Let's see, you, her mother, and father, if he can be found, & the other girl friend @$300.00 a pop for the set is $1200.00. That's hardly rich.
If you are as gifted as Marissa, can you post your music now..and let me hear your vocals, your multi strumental abilities and everything..just curious? I doubt that any of you are real artists.

There are music posts, both on this forum and the guitar forum as well some other, individual posts scattered about. Check them out if you're bright enough to locate them.
Or are you convinced that Mc.donolds music is cool if it is sold at ten bucks?

Uh, you got me there, who's Mc.donold?

Troll.

Our Joint

#198272 08/03/03 05:02 AM
10k Club
10k Club
Quote:
I am a very brilliant man.
Oh shit... a man?
I prefer the lesbians idea better...

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo
Director de Ventas, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus Audio Electronics

Instagram: guslozada
Facebook: Gus Lozada - Facebook

www.guslozada.com
#198273 08/03/03 05:43 AM
L
OP Offline
L
You know that fact that some people here feel that someone as unusually talented as Marissa has to post everywhere on the net for herself, is kind of sad. I am sure she posts for herself. but this time, I am posting because I think that Musicians who are real artists need to up their level of musicianship, and they need more challenges then what the music industry is giving them.
I agree with Marissa. These people are not that talented. They are not high level. Only very educated people would realize that.
They have limited music skills and very limited quality. the world of art is underground.
and any extremely developed and hardworking artist would not sell their music at mc.donolds prices. Maxfield Parrish wouldn't sell a print for 10 bucks, so why should a great musician. the fact is...no one that is on a major label is that high level., especially right now. It is propaganda. The serious level talents are being brushed aside...especially right now. There weren't many high level talents that were ever signed. I don't think that anyone is that talented right now..at all. they put me to sleep. all of them. :p

#198274 08/03/03 05:44 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally posted by GusTraX:
Quote:
I am a very brilliant man.
Oh shit... a man?
I prefer the lesbians idea better...
Je je je!

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!
#198275 08/03/03 06:40 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I admit that I know Marissa. and I know what she capable of. please listen to Green Tea demo..her piano playing and guitar playing and singing ability. They never signed anyone as talented as her. They are propaganda. People who never signed anyone who is really really high level at many things..like she is. I know what she is capable of.

#198276 08/03/03 06:51 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I think that you should humble Marissa if that is that case and all write her management, at freakvox@yahoo.com ...please send her names of people who are as talented as she is vocally, instrumentally and compositionally.
She should hear people who play better piano and sing at the same time..
here is her clip of the demo green tea...

http://www.marissamarchant.com/gt.mp3

if their are so many others as developed and as talented..please give her names..
I am sure she would love to here about it. I don't know anyone who was ever signed as versitile. tori amos, paula cole..fiona, alanis, carol king, all of these people have no diversity..nothing great about their voices..and they can't play more then one instrument that well..
tori use samples..
This woman is the most high level singer/songwriter I know about..if you know of others..please send them to Marissa asap. humble her.

#198277 08/03/03 06:55 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Marissa is taken and not living off of daddies money.

#198278 08/03/03 06:56 AM
20k Club
20k Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Biggus:
"Can I record some bowel movements , burn to CD, and sell? That's art isn't it?"
It's not just art, it's artsy-fartsy!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _
#198279 08/03/03 07:32 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I am yawning.
I am tired.
Isn't it funny that this person named Doug Osborne couldn't name anyone with the skills and talent of marissa ...he couldn't prove what he is saying. he must be a sad case. people who can prove things are people that I love.
I am like Maxfield Parrish. I am a great artist.
I love to paint and look for exquisite artwork from around the world. Marisa and I met in new york, at a diner called cafe milano.

#198280 08/03/03 07:35 AM
20k Club
20k Club
(If Mar- ehr, 'scuse me- LINDSEY- (egh-hemn) can double-poste, (pinky held high aloft as typing) thenne- sew-canne-eye!)

Well, I did check out the linked-'site, I can't make any kind of judgement-call here if I hadn't...

Well, then, Lindse- ehr, 'scuse me again- Marissa has been busy, but not busy enough. The haphazard 'site with dud links, etc. is one thing; but, girl, get off your supposedly gold-plated ass and learn how to sing! You've got some potential, some- not exactly ground-shaking, but you can almost carry a tune- but, for real, your phrasing, vibrato, and sense of pitch are wavering and wanting here, there, and everywhere. You sorely lack rhythmic diction and cadence. And windy braggadocio is not the same as confidence; a donkey will bray defiantly, even when scared to the point of soiling his stall.

With a lot more fire in your delivery I could excuse these and consider you rustic and marked with character, but, we both know that there is not enough of a fireplace or a cabin in your sky to play that card. Weak stuff indeed, at least that what would actually be there behind the links...

And, as I said that you can almost carry a tune, it would benefit you greatly to choose a tune that could carry you. I highly recommend some Kate Bush covers, or perhaps Squeeze; or the hiring of a professional, talented songwriter, post-haste.

Poetry... what poetry... I mean, WHAT poetry, where? That leaden rhyming that you've deposited on your 'site is torment to peruse, laughable if it didn't hurt when I read... how can you take yourself seriously as an alleged "poet" with drivel like that leaving tracks on your lips, and our eyes?!? Or is this a "virtual refridgerator door" from mom's kitchen?

Or... are you really, actually in truth... Andy Kaufman playing a self-amusing prank on us while you sing along with Howdy and Buffalo Bob and Claribel in your underwear, still at it after faking your death and thus cheating it?!? Am I on to you?

#198281 08/03/03 08:01 AM
L
OP Offline
L
She recording all her stuff, and it is like I have never heard anything like it. she writes all kinds of music.
and it is all very complicated. not all the time..but it is extremely mouth dropping.
this is just a small amount of what she can do. But she needs to know of some people who are just as talented. It would humble her. She may not think that she nees humbling. I do.
please write them, freakvox@yahoo.com

please send her anyone who is better then her.
I have never heard anyone. don't send it to me or post it..I don't have time to read your stuff. Just drop them message, her manager eres will listen and let her know about someone that talented.

#198282 08/03/03 08:10 AM
20k Club
20k Club
Quote:
"...it is extremely mouth dropping."
The only mouth-dropping going on here is your mouth to your own piano-stooled ass.

Quote:
"...her manager eres..."
Yes, I certainly agree...

#198283 08/03/03 08:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I gotta admit, guys & gals, this is one of the funniest troll/spammers I've seen in a long time. In fact, it's almost too good to be true - I think somebody's been yankin' our collective chain. but you've got to admit, they're good at it !! \:D ;\)

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Anderton 

Link Copied to Clipboard