Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1981296 - 08/17/08 03:43 PM Bad Cat 'Lil 15
Greg B. Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Tulsa Oklahoma
After reading the low watt amp reviews in the latest GP, I am very interested in the new Bad Cat 'Lil 15. Has anyone played or owned one? I found a vid on YT, but it's the older (discontinued) class A version, not the new class AB version. There's not a dealer here, but I'll be near one in a couple months and am really looking forward to plugging into one. If anyone has one or has tried one let me know what you think.

GP Island
#1981300 - 08/17/08 04:24 PM Re: Bad Cat 'Lil 15 [Re: Greg B.]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Hmmn, it's a Class-A/B stylee, huh?

The closest thing to that that I ever tried would have been several of the little, similar amps (although I believe they were Class-A or pseudo Class-A) that Matchless had, also by Mark Samson. They were cool amps, but it's been a looooong while...

I hadn't gotten around to reading that article yet, I'll make a point of checking it out tonight...

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#1981337 - 08/17/08 07:44 PM Re: Bad Cat 'Lil 15 [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
miroslav Offline
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club

Loc: NY Hudson Valley, USA

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

#1981343 - 08/17/08 08:09 PM Re: Bad Cat 'Lil 15 [Re: miroslav]
Mortal Engines Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Hey they look pretty neat and I just went to the Bad Cat site and man...you oughta put a bid on the one at Ebay....those lil' amps are pretty pricey...the mini-cat (a 5 watt class A is 900 bucks) was the cheapest one there....the next one up was like, 1400 bucks. Just sayin' the Ebay one looks like a pretty good deal for the money (too rich for my blood, at least right now).

#1981422 - 08/18/08 05:37 AM Re: Bad Cat 'Lil 15 [Re: Mortal Engines]
Greg B. Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Tulsa Oklahoma
Thanks for the link, Miro, but if I'm spending that kind of money, I've got to play it first. I did put it on my watch list, tho. I'm sure that it would be alright buying sight unseen, but since I'll be near a dealer in a month or so, I'm going to play one first, then start saving. \:D I'm not quite ready to let the wife know that I'm going to spend $1500 on an amp...then more on a cab! \:D

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose