Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1970484 - 07/16/08 11:24 AM JJB, Questions re: Townshend interview in EQ 8-07
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
First let me give belated thanks for the story! Just been rereading it.
# questions:
(1)What context put you in touch w/PT, audio work or mag assignment?
(2)When discussing some issues about submixing [pg. 40], PT said, "I'll report back to you on that in a few months."
Any more info forthcoming, whether on that particular element or anything?
(3)PT also mentions, re: tape decks, "...Those Marantz machines have such a nice, smooth ADC in the front end. [b]Women love them. You knowthose creature that really can hear."
Do you know how he meant that? [Most women really hear well or those few who can really hear ?]
I know he was joking but in light of a somewhat loose discussion over on the Guitar Forum, I was struck by that when I re-read it today.

#1988500 - 09/06/08 11:23 PM Re: JJB, Questions re: Townshend interview in EQ 8-07 [Re: d]
J.J. Blair Moderator Offline

Loc: Hollywood, CA
d, sorry I've been absent. I didn't realize people were actually coming in here. I was going to do a convolution sample of the echo in here at one point.

1) I had the opportunity to be the Who's keyboard player for a gig, thanks to Brian Kehew.
2) No.
3) I have no idea!

Edited by J.J. Blair (09/06/08 11:23 PM)

#1988614 - 09/07/08 12:43 PM Re: JJB, Questions re: Townshend interview in EQ 8-07 [Re: J.J. Blair]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Well, ya know it's not like yer crucial here or anything... \:D

Thanks for reply!!

Edited by d (09/07/08 12:44 PM)

Moderator:  BrianK, J.J. Blair