Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

READ ME: Searching for info on this forum

• 3 months later...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've officially given up on the search engine on this forum. :(

Here's the Google method:

Go to Google.com

Enter your search terms, in this case Korg R3.

Before you click on 'SEARCH', add the following:

site:forums.musicplayer.com

So, your search should read:

Korg R3 site:forums.musicplayer.com

Enjoy. :thu:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Help! For instructions of Roland RD-500/600/700 hammer repair/replacement I was referred to musicplayer.com:

"go to musicplayer.com, keyboard forum, do a search on rd700, you might find a very good post with several photos on how-to"

But the search function 4-month limit makes this almost impossible.

Suggestions for how to find this (apparently excellent) post?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have been doing research on pc3, cp300, nord stage ex and nord electro 3 because I am going to spend some money this year on one of those. Alas, the "SEARCH" function does not work for me. How do I find out stuff on this forum? I hate those what kind of gear threads and refuse to start one, but the "SEARCH" does not work at all for me. Please advise.
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Using GOOGLE - click "Advanced Search" and under "Search within a site or domain" type https://forums.musicplayer.com/ and run your search. It will only return results from the MusicPlayer forums.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi

I've posted this to the regular threads, but i thought somebody might help me out here, so here it is...

I'm searching for an older video in KM. All i remember is that there was this young guy, playing in an afro beat band in the USA. He was using Apple Mainstage and two keyboard controllers and he was basically talking about his mainstage/controllers set up on stage and some cool tricks about using this combi. I can't find the video in the Keyboard Magazine "videos" site .

Does anybody know how/where to find it?

thanx

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Steve Fortner made an excellent post in the Forum Policies thread about using the search function to help find what you need on this forum...but it's a bit hidden in that thread...

Given the amount of new people who come here searching for info and unknowingly ask questions that have been asked and answered many times before, I thought that it'd be a good idea to give this post it's own thread:

Originally posted by Steve Fortner:

For people who may not be aware of it, I'd like to call attention to the search function built into this bulletin board software. From any screen on the Keyboard Corner, click "search" in the small, horizontal menu that reads "my profile | directory | search | faq | forum home." A page will come up with a number of variables and search fields, which are all pretty self-explanatory. This is an ideal place to begin if you're arriving here with any questions like:

dB

I am totally baffled by this search function. First, I don't see the menu that you have described, but perhaps the layout has changed since you wrote the post. So I just selected search and punched in what I was searching for, which is info on the Kurzweil PC3 Le7, and I used several different types of search terms, from just entering only the brand name (with no model) and every time, it told me there were no search results; that's strange b/c I've already read threads on that on this forum when I reached them before I signed up to the forum by searching in Google. I'm interested in comparisons between it and other models and other basic info about the programmability, or not, of sounds in it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Keyboard Noob, relatively speaking

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To the people having trouble with the search function: It sucks. Don't use it. :idea:

Look back a few posts in the thread. There's instructions on how to search the forum using Google:

Go to Google.com

Enter your search terms, in this case Korg R3.

Before you click on 'SEARCH', add the following:

site:forums.musicplayer.com

So, your search should read:

Korg R3 site:forums.musicplayer.com

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a better way to search.

Go to google.com

Enter this into the search field without quotes: "site: www.whateverwebsite.com x y z" where x y and z are the search terms separated by a space.

So if I wanted to search the Keyboard Corner for anything related to the CP4 I would enter this into google:

"site: https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/18 cp4"

without the quotes of course. That's an example of a search with only one term. If I wanted to include CP40 then it would return posts which include mentions of both CP4 and CP40, like this:

"site: https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/18 cp4 cp40"

Let's say there's a wacky Kawasaki keyboard that's called the CP4000000 and we want to exclude posts which mention that. Those posts would otherwise be included because CP4000000 begins with CP40. Use the minus key "-" before that term, like this:

"site: https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/18 cp4 cp40 -kawasaki"

or

"site: https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/18 cp4 cp40 -CP400000"

would also work.

Remember to leave off the quote marks in all the examples above.

Hope this helps somebody.

Korg SV-1. I distribute and upgrade 10-string harps.

NEW, for Kawai MP Users--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/KawaiMPusers/

Formerly: Fender Rhodes MkII, Roland Juno 6, Waldorf Pulse+.

• 5 months later...
I searched for a generic, general Tips & Tricks thread but didn't find any. Is there one?

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

• 4 months later...

Where do I find the control for turning off email notifications of particular threads?

Every time someone posts in the Let's hear it!!! Post your music here! thread I get an email. I can't find how to shut it off.

Thanks!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Can search preferences be saved? For instance, I always find myself switching from the default of "1 week, newer" to "1 day, older" to begin looking back in time. Takes eight-ish mouse-clicks / keystrokes to do that.

Roland Fantom 06; Yamaha P-125; QSC K10; Cubase 13 Pro; Windows 10

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I don't understand the Search function at all. I logged in, clicked on the magnifying glass on the blue bar, entered my search term in the white box, then clicked again on the second magnifying glass, in the search box. I found NO returns that mentioned my search term, but 100 totally unrelated returns. When I changed my search terms, I got the same non-responsive returns. I've also tried entering the search request in the Advanced Search window, with no better results. I thought I'd try it one last time today to see if my luck had changed. It hadn't. FYI, I was looking for posts that dealt with the API 3124MV (a preamp/mixer). First, I searched for API 3124MV. Then I tried various permutations including API 3124, 3124 and API alone. I got no responsive results, and the same unresponsive and frustratingly unrelated returns. What am I doing wrong, and how can I search this Forum meaningfully? You have a boatload of posts, but I cannot for the life of me find what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

I don't understand the Search function at all. I logged in, clicked on the magnifying glass on the blue bar, entered my search term in the white box, then clicked again on the second magnifying glass, in the search box. I found NO returns that mentioned my search term, but 100 totally unrelated returns. When I changed my search terms, I got the same non-responsive returns. I've also tried entering the search request in the Advanced Search window, with no better results. I thought I'd try it one last time today to see if my luck had changed. It hadn't. FYI, I was looking for posts that dealt with the API 3124MV (a preamp/mixer). First, I searched for API 3124MV. Then I tried various permutations including API 3124, 3124 and API alone. I got no responsive results, and the same unresponsive and frustratingly unrelated returns. What am I doing wrong, and how can I search this Forum meaningfully? You have a boatload of posts, but I cannot for the life of me find what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

You are looking for something that is apparently very old, which our search doesn't handle. Limitation of staying on the forum software most of us are used to and comfortable with.

Searching from Google only brings up 1 hit on this forum, from 17 years ago:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/506329/API_gear

Moe

---