Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1965690 - 07/02/08 09:43 PM Looking for Keyboard Magazine with Rock Transcriptions
Henfield Offline

Loc: Michigan USA
Hi, I have subscribed and bought Keyboard Issues off of the newstands in the past. I remember an article that occurred a few years ago (3 to 5 years ago) that had a few classic rock lead lines transcribed , including the beginning of "Only Time Will Tell" by Asia. This article also referenced an earlier article that had appeared in Keyboard in the '90's (if I remember correctly) that had a few more of these classic rock lines transcribed. Can anyone identify the month and year of these issues for me? Thanks!

#2665223 - 02/14/15 07:17 AM Re: Looking for Keyboard Magazine with Rock Transcriptions [Re: Henfield]
marczellm Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Budapest, Hungary
A lot of KB mags are up on NXTBooks, such as

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/newbay/kb_200807/index.php?startid=48

A catalogue of all available transcriptions would come in handy though, because it is very hard if not impossible to find them now.
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G

#2676491 - 03/31/15 07:50 PM Re: Looking for Keyboard Magazine with Rock Transcriptions [Re: marczellm]
AnalogGuy1 Offline

Loc: Eastern US
Yes, I love those articles too, although I have no idea how much it must cost to obtain the mechanical licenses. My favorite was from years ago and sparked my interest in playing - a Lucky Man transcription published in '84. Would love to see more, and would gladly pay more to see. That's the way I'd like to see Keyboard mag get its thermal bound spine back.

Moderator:  Stephen Fortner