Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"the New Style"

Theo Verelst

Isn't it?

I don't like it, I don't think the powers that be will either, so there's that.

Maybe we'll one day see the better style, the non-b*tchy, non-destructive, etc etc styles that were take over and make everybody a decent personality instead of a bunch of morons screaming for strange types of attention.

T

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And on the cool check in

Center stage on the mic

And we're puttin' it on wax

It's the new style

Four and three and two and one

And when I'm on the mic the suckers run

The New Style - The Beastie Boys

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

T I've been complaining about all the 'weird' authorities the modern world has created myself....even the benign ones! Just to much info out there and stresses and newly created 'needs' of all sorts ..

I blame the rich for a lot of this and the economic fallout on everyone caused by the worldwide upward trickle. Competition for a buck has caused a need for folks to be seen beating each other up to appear as 'Management Material' just to feed the kids and oneself! Never bought into it... I was working on Wall Street supporting Derivative Trading Software Systems when the bottom fell out on Black Monday in 1987 ....the 60's died that day....all those Middle Management boys and girls with their MBA's reading 'Atilla the Hun Tactics to Use in Business' like junior Larry Ellies's - basically how to screw each other over ...the way Gordon Gekko meant for us all to be, not to mention a few other folks ---- Hey buddy or budisses, take that nonesense in the corner of the room and go Flagellate yourself over there and not me! We all got laid off by '89-90....and the mean-spirit RollerBall has been rolling every since it seems to me! Was always there but now it seems 'much closer to the surface' ... and that has become somehow OK! Look at what we have going on out there!

Yes, everything does kind of suck now, tis true, tis true, tis the style everywhere...mean up or get run over..Still not impressed with it..I never bought into it, never..My acid-expanded mind saw it for what it was immediately in '87 .I wasn't impressed with being spanked as a kid either after the age of 5 to my parents dismay, just didn't cry anymore, but I got wiser to the flaws of Authoritarian thinking in my folks at early age, they meant well though. Not so forthe meanness the average person collects in a day from other fellow 'human beings'....especially in the USA...but unlike my folks, they do not mean well.

Anyone who wants to beat me up/control me now at 64.... Good luck, It will be like Barbarella in Duran Duran's Death-Orgasmitron...I'll just break the gd machine...not that I want to! Hey, after all it was 'your call'..you started it!

I will defend myself and pull rugs if I need to but never maim as many in the world do right out of the gate immediately now at the mere sign of opposite views or needs... And all prissy about it too I might add as if they were getting free S & H green stamps for their bad behavior . . Some folks really are getting off on being angry (I do fall prey to it I admit it at times also). . . but it is the 'Kool-Aid'...do not drink that stuff!

I don't know T, am I on the right track here?

I believe this is how to communicate with T! :like: :cofee:

Nowadays - 'Perfection' always seems to have an external reference, doesn't it! Often, just to make other people richer and only for you to just survive!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Im losing the will to live,,,,

Go out a screw with someone trying to impose their little 'Oh aren't you the fool Authority Routine' on you for nothing more than sh#ts and giggles to make themselves look good to their what, their dog maybe (friends and associates) !....believe me, they are psychologically sicker than you are - you will feel much much better TommyS! Don't have to be mean back - just strong and cool! T is talking about that I believe...

It will make you want to live more....just don't seek out the revenge...believe me, it will come 'to you' these days from a 69 year old or 12 year old in Rite Aid or someplace like that...a stranger...it's everywhere it seems ....poor lost souls...gotta be like livin in purgatory for them...

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

I want no strange types of attention.

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.

Either do I Ledbetter but folks are just looking for targets...they need to mean up....green stamps are awaiting!

There are a lot of 'Authority Junkies' out there .... they are like the 'Living Dead'....Don't Let Em Get Ya! They need strange type of attention TARGETS! It's like blood to vampires!

I want no strange types of attention.

instead of a bunch of morons screaming for strange types of attention.

Oh, the irony. :facepalm:

:2thu:

Sorry, I get beat up all day in my corporate gig with mean spirited crap...just for sitting here and doing my work...I can retaliate but I choose to subvert, I put my headphones on and listen to music, ignore it ..etc etc . Sometimes now I am more direct though also, you have to be! Retirement awaits in a few. . . I got good at subverting it and dealing with bad behavior but I hate to expel energy to have defend against it continually. I was just dispelling my angst. I actually contacted a Canadian PHD who does clinical studies on bullying in the office and work environments....she used me in a few of her investigations.....sent me 120 questions to answer a number of times! She had articles in the papers here in NY and on the internet on AOL. This type of stuff that Theo kinda of made reference to is my pet peeve - admittedly! I watched the genesis of it from ground zero on Wall Street. I feel much of the bad behavior around now was originally caused by competition in the work place in the the late 80's... socio/economic and more+++ , truly a complex thing! Now with the Beastie Boy tune, I'm not so sure what Theo was talking about? :rolleyes:

Funny! :P Hey I only smoke some herb (and that is it except for 1 drink a day for medicinal purposes )...the rest is natural intellect and stupidity... :puff:

NOW I know were I screwed up.....if I had not been a full time musician and had gotten a good paying day gig I could afford some of these drugs......

I think I share Tony's disillusionment with American business. There are no ethics anymore, no good will. It's just heartless money-grabbing and I'm sick of it. :(

But I don't know what the hell Theo is talking about. :)

Note to self: On next visit to see folks drive around (not thru) Huntington on way to Commack. :poke::roll:

Stay on the LIE and keep your eyes on the road - dont stop for anything. You should be OK.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

Isn't it?

I don't like it, I don't think the powers that be will either, so there's that.

Maybe we'll one day see the better style, the non-b*tchy, non-destructive, etc etc styles that were take over and make everybody a decent personality instead of a bunch of morons screaming for strange types of attention.

T

I like to think that I have a decent personality under most conditions, but I bow to your point. Most of the people on here come from pretty decent families, but individually, there's somethin' about 'em that just ain't right.

:hitt:

Also, as an Amurrican, I reserve the right to strange attention. I expect to have my belly rubbed on demand and if I kick one leg and knock over the entire china cabinet, it was the will of the Universe.

I too long for more uniform civility. I have found myself immediately hitting it off with many Africans and Europeans, because they came from a base culture of personal courtesy overall, which stands out all too clearly when contrasted with the self-inflicted bitch-slap one receives when merely turning on the local news. I was hoping for a more balanced Star-Trek-ish social model by now, but I've let that go in the face of the current race towards Dystopia. If peoples' tongues were to burst into flame when they jumped on someone pointlessly or lied past the 10% level, it'd become incredibly quiet in no time. Check out all the crickets!

I also know that my contentions are colored by the fact that well over half of KC is clearly doddering greybeards who are only 4 steps above yelling "Freebird!" at a show with only two beers in them. Therefore, they should be taken with a grain of salt the size of a B-3 sporting twin Leslies. :blah:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

Most of the people on here come from pretty decent families, but individually, there's somethin' about 'em that just ain't right.

LOL! That's a Tom Waits Line!!

I too long for more uniform civility. I have found myself immediately hitting it off with many Africans and Europeans, because they came from a base culture of personal courtesy overall, which stands out all too clearly when contrasted with the self-inflicted bitch-slap one receives when merely turning on the local news. I was hoping for a more balanced Star-Trek-ish social model by now, but I've let that go in the face of the current race towards Dystopia. If peoples' tongues were to burst into flame when they jumped on someone pointlessly or lied past the 10% level, it'd become incredibly quiet in no time. Check out all the crickets!

I agree. The level of civility in this world must be directly related to global warming. The thinner the ozone gets, the nastier we become.

I rest my case,,,,

Amazing how mentioning a little of this and a sip of that will get you in The 'Perception Game'..which is a bit different than Joni Mitchell's 'Circle Game'.(life/death). the PG is a also part of the puzzle of modern bullying, I can take a joke TommyS, I know you were basically kidding....Really , but everyone's neurosis, musician or not is involved in the new 'Performance\Perception\Wealth\Competition' game for a lot of the world populations now I feel, defiantly since the late 80's....'no peripheral vision' is not a way to lead a life for most of the world's human inhabitants..especially after the 60's where everything was sideways and Lateral... it so weird to be in this place with the way things are now! It's really not psychologically healthy, success or no success at stake... there are folks playing this game with absolutely nothing at stake now. Especially after all those un-employed middle management Atillas hit the streets like Lemmings in 1989 and it spread to folks on line a Rite Aid... and that's where we are at now...and look at what's happened to the 'Truth' in general.... no! Perception is not everything except for 'the players' of the world (8 to 89 year old's now dude)..Bach remember was just a Fat Jolly little MF'er, who had a lot of sex and children for god's sake and probably with absolutely no stage presence at all, who ate a lot of great German cheese and drank a few pints of great German beer a day . . .

do folks want to be a copy or do they want to be an original....well with the way things are stacking up, being an original is almost 'to truthful' and let's face it, how can we gauge how 'perfect' someone is if all we have to grade them against for the perception game grading and demeaning or accolades - are themselves . . .

All this and never once realizing the analyzers and complainers are somehow "separate" from the problems or the causes of such.

Bifurcation rules for sure . . . and all our involvement in the Bifurcation does not help, true...but the world has never had the means to be so bifurcated before...thousand of silos of group think and access to, just like here on the Forum has not made any of this any better...I agree! Robert Persig was right in his books....an individual's mind now for the 1st time in human history can sit above any of the world's control orders, no wonder there is Authoritarian backlashes (helped along my tight $) - Religion, Gov't, Jazz, Rock, Victorian Social Norm Dictates, Dog People, Cat People = Weird Authorities and T's Special 'Attention'- it's all a free for all now - even for the big boy and girl movers and shakers in this world . . .everything is up for grabs including body parts!

I'm going to stop....Steinway B...can only stay negative in spurts but sometimes it's useful to vex it out...Sorry If I upset anyone. The glass can be half full, just being around negativity makes one negative at times...I sit hear at work just thinking of playing most of the day.

Yeah, well, I'm going shark hunting now, hold my calls...

Oh no your not! :cop: your not going anywhere. . .let me see your papers..

D.Emm: Most of the people on here come from pretty decent families, but individually, there's somethin' about 'em that just ain't right.

Rusty Mike: LOL! That's a Tom Waits Line!!

You get a gold star for recognizing it. Tom is sort of the disheveled opposite of Aretha Franklin, but still, they're a pair of national treasures.

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

Archived