Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1918070 - 03/28/08 09:51 PM A MIDI question...
ivorycj Offline
Gold Member

Loc: 5280
So all of a sudden I'm having this weird thing going on in Logic Studio when I boot up Ivory. No matter where my controller is set, it sounds like my Local is on. It's real phase(y) and muddy. I'm only triggering one MIDI channel on the AMT8, blah, blah, blah. My interface is connected to an 01V's monitor section, out to speaker controller. Signal path is clean, all high-end cable. Oh yeah - my headphone feed sounds stellar.

Audio gurus - am I missing something?

Kurzweil Forte Yamaha Montage 8 Korg Kronos 61 1973 Fender Rhodes MKI Stage 88 1898 Steinway I

KC Island
#1918082 - 03/28/08 11:04 PM Re: A MIDI question... [Re: ivorycj]
burningbusch Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Ghost Planet
Take a look at Logic Mixer to ensure there's nothing else showing up like an Aux channel that's receiving.

Also, if you're sending to an AUX FX, but have the FX bypassed the signal will pass through.

Double check that you're not somehow receiving duplicate MIDI notes. Record a passage and then examine it in the event list to ensure you're not getting dupes.

Busch.

#1918517 - 03/29/08 09:02 PM Re: A MIDI question... [Re: burningbusch]
ivorycj Offline
Gold Member

Loc: 5280
 Originally Posted By: burningbusch
Also, if you're sending to an AUX FX, but have the FX bypassed the signal will pass through.

Excellent idea - I'm at rehearsal all weekend a couple hours north of Denver, but I believe I've seen an AUX hanging out (for no reason, mind you)...I bet that's it!

Thanks - this was killing me!

Kurzweil Forte Yamaha Montage 8 Korg Kronos 61 1973 Fender Rhodes MKI Stage 88 1898 Steinway I

#1918987 - 03/30/08 05:25 PM Re: A MIDI question... [Re: ivorycj]
mcgoo Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Indianapolis
I don't have much of an answer, but I've noticed myself that Ivory does sound phasey in mono. When I use it in recording projects (in stereo) it seems fine, but not so when I use it live (in mono). Playing with the stereo width doesn't seem to help. I'll be interested to see if others have found similar problems or solutions.

regards,

greg

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner