Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1851195 - 12/04/07 09:52 AM Back Sliding On Reversed Type Again
Blue JC Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Northeast Ohio, USA
Stephen,

After receiving your pledge this Fall that there would be no more reversed type in the magazine, I renewed my subscription for another 3 years.

Now, I get the latest issue and there are at least two boxes of body copy type reversed out of a very weak baby shit brown color that I find impossible to read.

I view your job as the accurate dissemination of information presented in a usable format. If we can't read it - or your art director makes it so hard to read that it's not worth the effort - then you are not doing your job.

Keep your promise to your loyal readers.

Get rid of the reversed type forever.

Thanks,
Blue JC

#1878920 - 01/24/08 05:10 PM Re: Back Sliding On Reversed Type Again [Re: Blue JC]
Stephen Fortner Moderator Offline
But who is number 1 ? ...
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Oakland, CA, UNITED STATES
Dude,

Sorry I missed your post earlier. I'll bring it to everyone's attention. I can't stand reverse type either . . .

Where'd you see it? Somewhere other than sidebars or the pros-n-cons boxes in our reviews?

Stephen Fortner
Principal, Fortner Media
Editor at Large, Keyboard Magazine
Contributor, Gearslutz.com

#1882363 - 01/31/08 08:23 AM Re: Back Sliding On Reversed Type Again [Re: Stephen Fortner]
Blue JC Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Northeast Ohio, USA
 Originally Posted By: Stephen Fortner
Dude,

Sorry I missed your post earlier. I'll bring it to everyone's attention. I can't stand reverse type either . . .

Where'd you see it? Somewhere other than sidebars or the pros-n-cons boxes in our reviews?

I don't have the old issue with me but check out page 26 and page 28 of the current issue. The Joey D story has the very same mouse type reversed out of the very same baby-shit brown color.

To make matters worse, the 4-color process used to build said baby-shit brown color box is out of register on my copy making the reversed type almost impossible to read.

This is information that I want to read with the story and it pisses me off that your designers purposely lower the contrast to the point that I can't read it.

Thanks for responding.

#1882411 - 01/31/08 09:06 AM Re: Back Sliding On Reversed Type Again [Re: Blue JC]
kanker. Offline
KCFF League Champ '13
10k Club

Loc: Indy
 Originally Posted By: Blue JC
I don't have the old issue with me but check out page 26 and page 28 of the current issue. The Joey D story has the very same mouse type reversed out of the very same baby-shit brown color.
I think you mean baby-s**t

Moderator:  Stephen Fortner