Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Speaker Issue - Yamaha P-255

keyboardfriend

I am looking for anyone who has experienced a speaker issue with the Yamaha P-255. I recently purchased the keyboard and there is a pronounced high pitched ringing on the piano sound, especially with the lower register and only when the note(s) are sustained either through using the sustain pedal and simply holding down the keys. I have reduced the "string resonance" effect to zero with no improvement. I tested another unit at a store today and noticed a very slight but similar effect - nothing as pronounced as my unit. Is this simply a feature of this keyboard on purpose as am attempt to emulate a real piano sound and the "resonance"? It sounds way too"electronic" if this is the case so I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this effect.

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does it do it at all volumes or only at high volumes? Could it be something loose or damage to the speaker allowing the resonance to occur?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Another couple of things to try:

- If it happens through headphones as well, then it's something internal.

- If it's only coming from the speakers, try placing your hands around the speaker casing to see if you can "make it tighter".

- If it's up against a wall, try moving it back.

Archived