Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Great trio at Village Vanguard tonight 12/15/15

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And they'll be there through Sunday. Most of the sets are sold out. I saw them at the Vanguard this time last year. Esperanza said she had a cold but you never would've known it; she's an underrated singer. I'm not sure why they haven't recorded an album yet.

Wow. I got tickets for this show tomorrow (Friday 12/18 ).

Talk about burning the candle at both ends. I worked all day today. Did a three hour gig at a new restaurant. Tomorrow, I am driving the 485 miles to NYC. Will meet my daughter in the upper east side for dinner, than catch the 10:30 concert. Hope that I have the stamina to do this.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

Hope that I have the stamina to do this.

you'll have to let us know :laugh:

First, the performance was great. Esperanza Spalding plays with joy. That's not always apparent, even among great players.

Second, I had stamina (or adrenalin) to spare. Not only did I do all of the things that I planned to on Friday, Saturday was a full day (13,500 steps). This morning, went to mass with my daughter at St Patrick's Cathedral, then spent some time at Rockefeller Center. Just completed the drive home.

As the saying goes, "it's a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there".

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

Archived