Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Music Library Business Question #1829997 10/25/07 12:21 PM
T
Ted Chmura III Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I'm considering entering into the Production Music Library (PML) business and frankly, I'm looking for insight anywhere I can find it. I'd love to hear your thoughts about where you think the PML business is headed.

With the proliferation of TV Stations, Semi-Pro Video makers, and Commercially minded You-Tubers, I'd think the demand for good Music for Video would be great.

Then again, with every home studio owner now able to crank out very good quality tracks, the sources of good production music is likely to increase dramatically as well, thus potentially increasing competition.

So...what do you think? Does the future look bright for PML's in general?

Thanks so much!

Ted Chmura III - Composer
Music Song And Sound
www.MusicSongAndSound.com
Ludlow, MA
Re: Music Library Business Question [Re: Ted Chmura III] #1830800 10/26/07 05:44 PM
G
Griffinator Offline
TPS cook & bottle washer
20k Club
TPS cook & bottle washer
20k Club
G
Frankly, it looks dismal, for the very reasons you cited.

World-class session players make chicken-feed in that market. Even big-name bands are getting screwed because it's cheaper to pay them half the royalties and pay some starving session guy pocket change to abuse their songs on commercials.

It's a dog-eat-dog, lowest-price-point wins market. If you want to do battle in that kind of environment, be my guest.

Re: Music Library Business Question [Re: Griffinator] #1982966 08/21/08 05:45 PM
2leftears Offline
Keep your copyrights.