Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SOLVED - OT: Is there a program to rip gapless CDs?

miden

Way OT I know, but I have been searching for a couple of days now with no success, and I get tired of installing apps that are supposed to do this but don't :mad:

I am fed up with the whole itunes and iOS music player on my iphone deal, so I am going to re-rip my CD collection to 320 MP3, use a 3rd party app (CopyTrans) and a different music player on the iPhone.

However I ripped them all originally when iTunes still supported gapless albums, which it now does not.

Does anyone know of any apps (PC) that will allow me to rip my gapless CD albums (Dark Side of Moon et al) and maintain the gapless format in MP3?

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks but it doesn't rip CD's. You need to get the audio off the CD using another program as a wav. Although I could use it for just the gapless albums I have I guess so yeah that might work. But even that method does not really work as the programs I have used still only extract the "gapless" tracks to single tracks.

I would still prefer an "all in the one box" solution if I can.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

FINALLY found one dBPoweramp. Does a direct to MP3 gapless rip...yay!!

Looks like that company has some great software.

So this will let you rip a gapless CD in such a way that you can choose to play the album and hear it gaplessly while still allowing you to select individual tracks to listen to if desired?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Not sure Scott, I have not investigated that as yet..but maybe it can. Personally I prefer to listen to the gapless albums as recorded. But I understand why the other way would be nice too :)

I finally settled on dbPoweramp and used it to rip my entire CD collection. I found it very handy to use one rip to create MP3vb, AAC and Flac, each in their own folders. You can also do a lot of customizing on the folder structure and file names.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I found it very handy to use one rip to create MP3vb, AAC and Flac, each in their own folders.

Good to know. That's a great,very useful feature.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I just got MediaMonkey as a replacement for iTunes. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but I like it a whole lot better. It does a great job of ripping gapless CD's, but it can also rip to a variety of formats. It's definitely worth the purchase!

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

But afaics, there is no version of Media Monkey for iOS.

No, but as far as PC apps go, MediaMonkey is head and shoulders above iTunes. I'd love to see it developed for iOS, though.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Thanks - I might have a look at it anyway to possibly replace iTunes for managing music on the iPhone. I will have to keep iTunes for apps and things though :(

I have been working in the digital realm ever since the advent of 250GB hard drives, when I built out a 1TB raid array.

Here are my software solutions.

DBPoweramp - For ripping and batch file conversions. Always rip to FLAC then create mp3's.

Tag&Rename - Use for correcting any tagging errors, not caught in DBPoweramp.

Media Monkey - Use for cataloging music. My collection is 100,000+ songs and Media Monkey quickly references what I have.

Itunes - For personal listening.

Logitech Squeeze box / server - For whole home distribution. (unfortunately no longer sold, but still supported)

TrueClone - Used as a virtual drive to create DRM free audiobooks from my Audible version.

MakeMKV - Rips DVD's and Blue Rays to movies.

DbPowerAmp is a great program!

Yamaha S90XS, Studiologic VMk-161 Organ

Small/powerful (i7, 32GB, M.2 SSD) PC controlled by 10" Touch Screen

Cantabile, Ravenscroft 275, Keyscape, OPX-II, Omnisphere 2, VB3, Chris Hein Horns, etc.

Archived