Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: 15% off "thank you" coupon

Moonglow

So I open my email today and happily see that I have received a "15% off" coupon from one of the big box music stores as a "thank you" for a recent purchase. I then click on the link that says "exclusions and limitations apply" and discover the manufacturers that do not qualify for the discount; they are listed below. Seems it would be more convenient (i.e., for the consumer) to list the manufacturers that do qualify. :laugh: Anyone ever use one of these coupons for anything substantial?

3 Monkeys Amps, 3rd Power Amps, 65amps, A Designs, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Akai Professional, AKG, Alesis, Allen & Heath, Alto, Altus, Alvarez, American Audio, American DJ, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Antoine Courtois Paris, Aphex, Apogee, Apple, Armstrong, ART, Arturia, Audio-Technica, Audix, Auralex, Avalon, Avanti, Avid, Axl, Azumi, B&S, B3 Guitars, Bach, Bad Cat, BAM, BeatKangz, Beats By Dre, Bedell, Behringer, Belkin, Benchmark, Benchmark Media Systems, Benedetto Guitars, Besson, Bixonic, Black Cat, Blackheart, Blackstar, Blue, Bogner, Bosch, Bose, Boss, Breedlove, Bricasti, Brio, BSS Audio, Budda, Buffet Crampon, Bugera, Bundy, Carl Martin, Casio, Cerwin-Vega, Chameleon Labs, Chandler Limited, Charvel, Chauvet, Cleartone, Cloud, Conn, Cordoba Music Group, Courtois, Crate, Crown, Cusack, Daking, Dangerous Music, dbx, ddrum, Dean, Death By Audio, Diamond Amplification, Diezel, DigiTech, Dime Amplification, Disney by Washburn, DLS Effects, Drawmer, Dunnett, Drum Workshop, Earthquaker Devices, EBS, Eden, Edirol, Elation, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, Elysia, Emerson, EMG, Eminence, EMMA Electronic, Empirical Labs, Empress Effects, Engl, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, Eventide, EVH, Evil Robot, F. Loree Paris, Fano Guitars, Fargen Amps, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Fishman, Focal, Focusrite, Fox, Friedman, Fryette, Fuchs, Fulltone, Furman, G7th, Gallien-Krueger, Galway, Gator, Gemeinhardt, Genz Benz, Getzen, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Gibson USA, Giffin Guitars, GNI Pedals, Godlyke, Gold Tone, Golden Age, Golden Age Project, Grace Design, Great Divide, Great River, Gretsch, Gretsch Drums, Gretsch Guitars, Guild, Guyatone, Hagstrom, Hans Hoyer, Hao, Harden Engineering, Harman, Haynes, Hercules, HHB, Hohner, Holton, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, J Puchner, Jackson, JamHub, Jasmine by Takamine, JBL, Jet City Amplification, Jody Jaz, Jupiter, K&M, Kanstul, Kawai, Keeley, Keilwerth, Keith McMillen Instruments, Kemper, King, Koll Guitars, Korg, Kramer, KRK, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, Laney, Langevin, Leblanc, Lexicon, Line 6, LovePedal, LP, LsL Instruments, Ludwig, Luna Guitars, M-Audio, Mackie, Mad Professor, Malekko Heavy Industry, Manley, Mapex, Markbass, Marshall, Martin, Martin-Leblac, Matchless Amps, Maxon, Meinl, Meinl Weston, Millennia, Miraphone, Mixosaurus, Mogami, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan, MOTU, Music Man, MusicXPC, N-Tune, Neumann, Neve, Nord, Novation, NS Design, Numark, Olympus, On-Stage Stands, Option 5, Orange Amplifiers, Ortofon, Ovation, P. Mauriat, Pacific Drums & Percussion (PDP), Paiste, Parker Guitars, Pearl, Peavey, Pelonis Sound and Acoustics, Perris, Phonic, Pigtronix, Pioneer, Powell, Prelude by Conn-Selmer, PreSonus, Propellerhead, PRS, Purple Audio, QSC, Quik Lok, Radial Engineering, Rainsong, Randall, Rane, Reunion Blues, Rickenbacker, Rivera, RME, Roc-N-Soc, Rockbag by Warwick, Rockbass by Warwick, Rockcase by Warwick, RockStand by Warwick, Rode Microphones, Roland, Royer, Rupert Neve Designs, Sabian, Sample Logic, Schecter Guitar Research, Scherzer, Schilke, Schreiber, Schroeder, Schroeder Guitars, Selmer, Selmer Paris, Sennheiser, Serato, Shure, SKB, SM Pro Audio, Softube, Soldano, Solid State Logic, Sonare, Sonivox, Soul, Soundcraft, Squier, Stanton, Steinberg, Steinberger, Stephanhouser, Sterling by MusicMan, Summit Audio, Sweet Sound Electronic, Splawn, SWR, T-REX Engineering, Takamine, Tama, Tapco, Tascam, Taylor, TDK, Tech 21, Telefunken, Thermionic Culture, Toadworks, Tobias, Toca, Tone King, Tortuga, Traveler Guitar, Traynor, True Systems, Tube-Tech, Two Rock, Ultimate Support, Universal Audio, Vestax, Violet Audio, Vito, VMI, Voodoo Lab, VOX, W. Nirschl, Waldorf, Wampler, Warwick, Washburn, Weber Speakers, Western Digital, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, Yamaha Band & Orchestra, Yanagisawa, Zildjian, Zoom, ZVex Effects

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow.... I wonder what does qualify. Possibly a few in-house brands ?

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Harbinger isn't listed. Discount coupon probably applies but that sh8t should be free anyway. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I have actually used a discount coupon cupon for a manufacturer listed under exclusions by calling and speaking to someone at the "big box store". I was told that sometimes the company requires they advertise as such but will allow if requested by a customer. Certainly this is not true in all cases and I have been told before by the same retailer that a certain brand was excluded, but it is always worth a call.

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

Actually, if it's the same box store I'm thinking about, they still gave me the discount for one of the manufacturers on the list. :laugh:
When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I just tried to buy a Parker Guitar with a similar coupon and they would not honor it!!!! I called and the agent (don't even want to call them a sales person) refused to honor the coupon! Very frustrating!!!
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Kind of a silly gimmick which I ignore. I often can negotiate a decent discount, and frequently do so for those "excluded" brands.

^ This ^

Most sales reps have some flexibility. Of course, your gain is probably their loss; so they're going to hang onto as much of that commission as they can. But most will meet you halfway.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Chris, I get these all the time from that certain big box store.

I have never had an issue using them on anything listed on the exclusions list.

I've bought Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Shure, etc... using their coupons that always "exclude" these companies in the fine print.

I believe it's a protection for them with the manufacturers to list all the exclusions.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

I have actually used a discount coupon cupon for a manufacturer listed under exclusions by calling and speaking to someone at the "big box store". I was told that sometimes the company requires they advertise as such but will allow if requested by a customer. Certainly this is not true in all cases and I have been told before by the same retailer that a certain brand was excluded, but it is always worth a call.

This has been my experience. A lot of manufacturers consider coupons to be a way around the MAP and ask stores to exclude them.

Honestly, my best deals come from Amazon. I don't negotiate, I watch for deals. They use an automated pricing system that lowers price when stock is high and raises it when stock is low. Sometimes the routine gets a little screwy and you can find a really good deal. You do have to be flexible and patient. I monitored prices on four different keyboards and eventually got my Hammond XK-3c at $400 off. As soon as I ordered it the price went back to normal. Same with my LP 30th anniversary and Giovanni Palladium congas. I watched and waited, grabbing congas whenever I would find them for $150 off. I took a while but I saved $600 on a full set of 30th anniversary congas. I'm a requinto away from finishing the Giovanni set. They have been stubborn with the price on that one.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Chris, I get these all the time from that certain big box store.

I have never had an issue using them on anything listed on the exclusions list.

I've bought Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Shure, etc... using their coupons that always "exclude" these companies in the fine print.

I believe it's a protection for them with the manufacturers to list all the exclusions.

This. Same for me. Just have to call.

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

I got one and called the local GC and the manager answered the phone and said I sent it to you.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Well, sales people have to defend themselves from the rise of the praise whores and their relentless bigotting...

Well, sales people have to defend themselves from the rise of the PRICE whores and their relentless HAGGLING...

The randomizer in your translation program is set too high...

Well, sales people have to defend themselves from the rise of the praise whores and their relentless bigotting...

Well, sales people have to defend themselves from the rise of the PRICE whores and their relentless HAGGLING...

The randomizer in your translation program is set too high...

PianoMan,

You are a genius. I was wondering what Theo meant.

I've not added a quote to my sig line but was strongly considering what Theo wrote.

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

We're still guessing what Theo's first language is; I think it's differential equations. Just one of the many things we love about him. There can be gems hidden in the word salad, which is another thing we love about him.

I watch the "Stupid Deal of the Day" from a certain online store - some great discounts to be had there. Of course it has to be something you want or need....

+1 I just scored a couple of Audix condenser mics at a great price!

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Archived