Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1755375 - 05/22/07 04:00 PM Anyone tried the Boss Micro BR or Boss BR-600?
shandobass Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I am looking for a field recorder that I can also use as a sketchpad for new material. I am familiar with the Sony Minidisk, the Edirol, & M-Audio. Both Boss units look great on paper. Does anyone have hands on experience and can compare to the other recorders. Suggestions, please.

#1817309 - 09/29/07 02:55 PM Re: Anyone tried the Boss Micro BR or Boss BR-600? [Re: shandobass]
jlh Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs,CO,United Sta...
I am considering getting a Micro BR as a sketchpad practice tool too. There is a good discussion on the Steel Guitar Forum by some users.
Jamie

#1877927 - 01/23/08 06:47 AM Re: Anyone tried the Boss Micro BR or Boss BR-600? [Re: Microrecorders]
Bald Ego Offline

Loc: Vancouver Island, BC Canada
I bought the Micro BR 6 months ago after a couple of years with a Korg 1200.
I am very pleased and have not been back to the 1200 because of the BR's simplicity.
This means you can get the ideas down quickly on the road or in the bedroom but can also develop a decent demo with practice.
You have to get good at bouncing with only 4 trax (+8 virtual trax ea.)but it's good practice and a good sound with lots of FX and preset mastering algos.
Good bang for the few bucks.

#2176860 - 03/31/10 12:18 AM Re: Anyone tried the Boss Micro BR or Boss BR-600? [Re: shandobass]
botham Offline

The BR Micro exceeds my expectations. It is one of the most important musical tools I have. It is right up there with the metronome. My primary uses are for maintaining an audio diary of my playing and slowing down MP3s to help me learn tunes. If it were to break or be lost, I would replace the Micro as soon as possible. I am going to purchase a Micro BR with the following description.

Price New Boss Micro BR @ Musician's Friend
Manufacturer URL http://www.bossus.com/
General 7.3 (3 responses)
Connectivity 5.7 (3 responses)
I/O 6.7 (3 responses)
Power 7.3 (3 responses)
Technical specs N/A (0 responses)
Other 6.3 (3 responses)
Overall 9.7 (3 responses)

#2222956 - 08/22/10 06:56 PM Re: Anyone tried the Boss Micro BR or Boss BR-600? [Re: shandobass]
KassBass Offline

Loc: Georgia
Have a Micro BR that is excellent for practice and basic tracks and drum kits to record and playback so I can hear my progress. I also like that you can slow down the mp3s.

Moderator:  BrianK, J.J. Blair