Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

I've been a lurker on and off over the years... I must of been under a rock, because I did not know LaurieZ had passed. She had a tremendous influence on me. She was the only person who told me the truth about some music I recorded (it sucked) and sent to her. After her critique, I started really thinking about what she said and came up with the following songs.

Keyboard Mag did an article on arranger keyboards for the month of April. All of these songs were created using 1 keyboard, Ketron SD1 and a Zoom DAW... I am a former demo guy for Ketron...

All vocal harmony done with vocal harmony kit on keyboard.

http://www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Ketron-Dan O'

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Welcome back, Dan O'! We've never met, but I have read many of your posts (back in the day when searching on this forum was a breeze)

Please keep those links active! I'm interested.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

heres 2 short medleys just recently recorded

one is an acoustic gtr /orchestral

the other piano/electric guitar

everything done on the synth except for the final recording, done with the computer

www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5192590&q=hi

www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5192578&q=hi

you can check it out

70x7

Finally my site is on line! I've put one of the songs of my CD Experience of Space as a free download in hi q. mp3 format. It's a song that uses a lot of synthesis, like all the CD, but there is some genuine percussive work and a slide acoustic guitar as the main voice. The title of the song, Ancient Skin, is related to our planet, its beauty and the signs of its fatigue, it's a love song, but for our home. A bit different from the rest of the CD.

You can find the link here

let me know also if you like the site :)

Thanks.

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

• 2 weeks later...

hi

Dave and everyone

I guess i'm the 1st generation member of this board,maybe 6yrs ago ( i was the one ask you about cyberwar game )

That period i was just fooling around with composing music,mixing ,6 yrs later now i learn to also do 3d graphic and make my own MV promo

please be my guest at my sanctum in the sky!

VDOclip here

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=istyle&content=videos

music here

http://www.lovenara.tk

http://www.soundclick.com/lovenara

thnx guys ,you all are my inspirations!

lovenara

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i'd love to get a few opinions on some tracks too. heres a track off my bands soon to be released EP. the tracks called

New Adventures in Pork Pie Pants

and then theres

King Leer; or how i learned to kill two stones with one bird

The CDs off being mastered at the moment, so these examples are a little bass heavy (but i like the bass lines, so hey!)

Visit my band : www.neonfleacircus.net or www.myspace.com/neonfleacircus

• 2 weeks later...

This is kind of a weird one to post, but I'm gonna take a liberty and do it anyway. I had to do a jingle today for a client and they wanted something kind of smoov jazz/r&b. So, I was thinking about a good buddy of mine that I've done several things with. My friend was killed a couple years ago. He was the MD for a headliner here. It was a tragic mess. He was on a downward spiral and there was no stopping him. We all tried. He ended up owing well into 6 figures in gambling debt, had a huge monkey, and one night crashed his car and died. So today I dug up an old solo of his and I played all the other stuff this morning. It was nice playing with my old friend again today. Here's just his very short solo.....didn't wanna bore yall with the jing so it's a fade up/fade down, no vox, but I figure I'll throw his vibe out there even though he's gone from here. As sad as this is, it was a fun hang. Miss ya , Mike.

MC

Thanks, bro. wilcox. I dunno if this is spam or not, but yesterday I did a demo for a new bass sample lib. for chocolate audio. If anyone wants to hear it, goto http://www.chocolateaudio.com/ and to the demo page. I did this first part of the day yesterday, so I called it Wednesday's Chocolate. Not bad for a 60 sec tune....maybe I should make it longer someday.......

Ok this is cool... please critique my music.

I wasn't ready the first time I asked someone to critique my music haha.. be careful before you all ask someone to tell you what they like and dislike and think you should improve!

But anyway please let me know what you think of my music :-)

myspace page

I record it all in my bedroom on my computer.

All together my little studio (pc, mic, usb audio device, keyboard, software) cost about $2,000. Pretty good for the budget.

Alright I hope to hear some response

• 2 weeks later...

This is a song from a project that I don't know what future will it have, as it's a group made of a strange combination of people.

A very old friend of mine wrote this French text many years ago (he's Italian, the choice of French was for the particular sound of it ), he was playing it on few chords on the guitar and I like it very much as it expresses very well the way a man who sailed all the oceans (as he did, most of the times alone) sees things in life and decides of what it's really meaningful, the contact with nature and a peaceful consciousness.

I remade the music and played it on my Scope system, all the the sounds are made with the Modular synthesizer except for a Vocodizer used for the....vocoder effect.

The vocals are from his woman's son, who's a nice guy that you never know where he is and how long he's gonna remain there....he's half French, that helped...

I always thought this text was very "Zen", I tried to get that feeling of something extremely simple and essential, a very peaceful and warm sensation of resonating memories.

We called this extemporary trio "Les Enfants Barbus"

http://www.alfonsodamora.it/L_E_B/les_jours.mp3

I hope you enjoy it. :)

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

I've got some tunes up on MySpace. The address is:

www.myspace.com/steviekeysmiller

I appreciate any advice on how to improve the songs. Thanks for any listens and/or input!

Equipment used:

Garageband software

Mackie mixer

Motu Micro lite

Korg Karma

Korg Triton LE

B4 Software

The Space Cowboys

Steve Sizemore Group

Handsome Devils

• 2 weeks later...

Just posted 2 full songs on the following site.

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/freefall

Although I've posted them with the band bio they're all my own work.(The band will be playing the songs soon).

If you would like a copy PM me & I'll give you the download site link.

Gig rig: Motif XF8,Roland A37~laptop,Prophet 08,Yam WX5~VL70m.

Studio: V-Synth GT,Korg DW8000,A33,Blofeld,N1R,KS Rack,too many VSTs

Freefall www.f-music.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
Doing these jingles that I do, I'm always amazed by what different people want for different businesses. In a weeks time it's not at all unusual to go from one extreme to the other. Another project this week was a Green Acres knock-off. This one was fun, just because I got to play harmonica on it. I don't get to do that often and since I'm not doing gigs these days, I don't get to play it much. Bare with me guys.....this is musical comedy for me, in a way. Dig this Shwingin' Hardware Sto....