Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1730936 - 04/08/07 04:38 PM Someone help me to improve the quality of a gig i recorded?
Briskxx Offline

Hey there

I went to go see my mates band play. I recorded their shows with their permisson. Its all listenable, the first few songs are not the best quality as i was right up front and so its really loud but the quality isn't so good. But i moved right to the back as i needed to get the last bus back ;p and the quality is awesome imo.

so i wondered if anyone knew any sites or something that could tell me and tweaks i could do to improve quality. I would appreciate any guides as if you tell me a name of a piece of software i wont have a clue what to do with it.

I recorded the show using my Archos 404 - mp4 player. Just used the inbuilt mic function its got. The show is in WAV format.

Here is a sample -

http://rapidshare.com/users/H6I0JH

I want to get rid of the crackling for example. But i have no clue.

Im willing to spend money to get a decent enough program.

thanks for all your help

peace

Ed

Edited by Briskxx (04/08/07 04:40 PM)

#1852329 - 12/06/07 10:22 AM Re: Someone help me to improve the quality of a gig i recorded? [Re: Briskxx]
audiorulez Offline
Gold Member

If you overloaded the AD converters going in, you got what you got, and there's no removing the distortion.