Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Seattle residents - some questions

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cost of living is pretty high. both in town and even more so in the suburbs. there are some slummy places you can live though.

there's no state income tax, but the other taxes make up for it. i'd say it was about even. sales tax is 8.5% or more

i paid 2.41 for gas yesterday

weather is almost perfect for 6 months (summer) and grey/damp for 6 months. we don't actually get alot of rain. it rains less here (in inches per year) than where i used to live in virginia. but the high number of sunless days in a row makes it feel bad.

the girls are pretty lame. since it's not that hot they wear lots of clothes. and they're all pretty out of shape too. and pale. (unless you like that look) they seem to be more interested in money here than other places i've lived too.

P.S. it's the most liberal (politically) place i've ever lived, or even visited. just so you know...

sorry for my intrusion,

at the end of the month I will go to Seattle for a short vacation (just 5 days) - I wanted to know if there is any good place I can go to listen to some good music - don't worry about the genre.

I will go with my gfriend so no lap dance or xxx clubs suggestions thx! ;)

I'm not looking for fashioned places at all :bor: here in my city (Milan, Italy) it's pretty full of trendy shit and it makes me sick enough.

ciaooo!

Experience Music Project at Seattle Center. And in refrence to the other post, Yes,Seattle women are spoiled, shallow and vain. Look for the ones that come from Eastern US. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

and they're all pretty out of shape too. and pale. (unless you like that look) they seem to be more interested in money here than other places i've lived too.

I've found that in just about every place i've been to ;)

Though some places moreso than others.

Personally i miss the PacNW (where i grew up), and i'd move there in a heartbeat if i could find work, make a decent wage and not starve. The winters are pretty rough though. Both from a psychological standpoint, and from a physical standpoint. Wisconsin gets cold as hell (i.e. below freezing and whatnot), but in the PacNW it's a different kind of cold- a persistent, slow, damp cold that seeps into your bones. This is why we drink so much coffee :D

My advice? Fuggit. If you're young and aren't laden down with massive amounts of responsibilities, i'd say go. Go there or anywhere, maybe everywhere. It's fun and worthwhile to see different places.

What made you decide Seattle, btw? (just curious).

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Originally posted by Kcbass:

Experience Music Project at Seattle Center

thanks Kcbass! I will definitely take a look there - yesterday night some one told me there's some sort of Jimi Hendrix museum in Seattle, is that true? does it worth to visit?

Originally posted by phaeton:

and they're all pretty out of shape too. and pale. (unless you like that look) they seem to be more interested in money here than other places i've lived too.

I've found that in just about every place i've been to ;)

nah. not in the south. california, florida, nevada, texas, etc... those women keep themselves in shape, because they have to wear skimpy clothes in the summer. in seattle you can hide behind clothes all year round.

one more thing about the weather here. it's very temperate. is hardly ever gets below 40 degrees. (only 1-2 snows a year, if that) and it hardly ever gets above 80. (hardly any houses come with air conditioning, you just don't need it) i LIKE that about the weather, but some people like the freezing cold of winter, and heat of summer.

Archived