Print Thread
YouTube Keyboard Demonstrations #1718511
03/16/07 06:31 PM
03/16/07 06:31 PM
Pacific Northwest
automaticgainsay Offline OP
automaticgainsay  Offline OP

Pacific Northwest
Perhaps Keyboard magazine should think about doing a story on the booming synthesizer demonstration movement on YouTube.
Several of us are demonstrating vintage keyboards no one has heard for many years. Others are demonstrating unique applications of modern synths. Most of the brands anyone might be interested in purchasing have been demonstrated in one way or another.
It's really a revolution for those of us who are interested in keyboards... especially those who are interested in vintage analog synthesizers.

Re: YouTube Keyboard Demonstrations [Re: automaticgainsay] #1720081
03/20/07 04:43 PM
03/20/07 04:43 PM
SF Bay Area
Ernie Rideout Offline
Ernie Rideout  Offline

SF Bay Area
Great idea! Thanks! If you have links to particular videos you think we should see, please send them along!

Um, do you go by Mr. Say? Auto? ;-)

Best,

Ernie

Ernie Rideout, Private Citizen
Gee, that was quick.
Re: YouTube Keyboard Demonstrations [Re: Ernie Rideout] #1720139
03/20/07 05:44 PM
03/20/07 05:44 PM
Pacific Northwest
automaticgainsay Offline OP
automaticgainsay  Offline OP

Pacific Northwest
Hello, Mr. Rideout:

I actually go by Marc Doty. : )

I have a YouTube group in which I try to feature interesting analog synthesizer demos: Analog Synthesizers YouTube group
In it you'll find a lot of demonstrations of analog gear, including synths most people haven't heard or seen used (at least in a long time), such as the Logan String keyboard, the Korg PS-3100, Moog Taurus, Yamaha GX-1, Synthi AKS, Moog Sonic Six, and even some modern analog equipment such as the Synthesizers.com modular.
Merely counting the YouTube viewers having viewed my own demonstrations suggests quite an interest... I've had over 200,000.

YouTube is also brimming with demonstrations of modern gear, but I have relatively little interest in that field, so I cannot direct you to them!

Thank you for your response!

Marc

Re: YouTube Keyboard Demonstrations [Re: automaticgainsay] #1836719
11/06/07 08:48 PM
11/06/07 08:48 PM
Fregene, Italy.
alfonso Offline
Platinum Member
alfonso  Offline
Platinum Member

Fregene, Italy.
It can be very interesting for the synth features and some "how to", but YouTube audio quality is not really enough for sound demonstration. I've checked some and this is what I thought.

Guess the Amp
.... now it's finished...
Here it is!