Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

Jonathon, I'll see your eleven year old and "lower" you by one year. Benyamin Check out the rest of his videos. This kid is scary good for a ten year old.

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, let's say you're in a tribute band. Now, let's say that you are invited to play the birthday party of one of the members of the band you pay tribute to. Then let's say your guitarist can't make the gig, so you fly in a guitarist from ANOTHER tribute band.

Now, to make it interesting, let's say the birthday boy wants to SIT IN.

And let's say that the dude is named Stewart Copeland:

Stewart jamming to "Driven to Tears"

And what about "Roxanne"?

How pissed would you be if you were the guitar player that missed the gig? And how mad would you be if these YouTube videos were attributed to the sub's[/b] band?

"For instance" is not proof.

Jonathon, I'll see your eleven year old and "lower" you by one year. Benyamin Check out the rest of his videos. This kid is scary good for a ten year old.

I'll see you 10 year old and raise you an 8 year old drummer!

Wow that kid on Piano shure was amazing. If I could just get him and this drummer to play music with me life would be much easier.

Jonathan

[font:Impact]Coffee![/font]

I'm having some time off coffee. The last few days (coffee-free)I've been experiencing the odd headaches and hungover feelings. I didn't connect the two. Then this morning I'm in a meeting and a work buddy offers to get me a drink. I asked him to get me a hot chocolate. Anyway the machine was broken so he brought me a coffee, hey no big deal, I didn't want to appear ungrateful, I thanked him and drank the coffee.

One sip! After one sip of shoddy machine coffee, my headache disappeared; my vision became clearer; my perception notably changed. :freak:

I didn't realise coffee did all that to me, I thought I just liked the taste! That's some potent stuff. I'll be back on the expresso soon enough but that was an intersting learning experience - whoah!

I tend to cycl;e caffeine out but going from coffee to tea to nothingand then start again. This is so I dont ever get a huge addiction and so I dont have to drink 5 cupsto get up in the morning.

Interesting thing about caffeine... it makes your body release adrenalin so you can kill your adrenal glands. Not 100% about this lst part, but I think it makes it harder for you body to release adrenalin on its own terms if you become too dependant.

They drink coffee in England? I thought that was illegal.

Jonathan

Hello!!

Anyone about?

Lurkers welcome!

Come on, I have an hour or so before I'm back to work after I'm back from buying it, that is!

http://www.pandora.com/stations/ad8e66a430d392a7133ebb30e9c2c67667b02ddad6774961

Great, great Pandora radio station above!

My Pandora profile

http://www.pandora.com/people/feilik

I don't work without cofee I need two before I start in the morning

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Yo, Phil,

This is the first time I have opened Pandora's Box. Lot of neat stuff inside. I think you and I appreciate the same music.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

You know, people say they like cheese, or they love cheese, or even don't care for cheese at all (wtf?), but which kind?

There's so many kinds of cheese.

It's like saying you do or don't like strings.

I like string cheese.

It's 1:00am and I'm not long back from a decent gig in Ashby - the Greyhound Hotel.

I'm getting my head round the stuff now & relaxing a bit more. Enjoyment is creeping in.......spooky!!!

:)

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!